Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OakRidge Airsoft

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Abram

Tried again today, the number given was switched off and i dropped by there and the lock was on the gate.

Hopefully not a perma thing ideal site for me

• Registered Users Posts: 2,404 ✭✭✭ricka

Lets try again on the correct thread:o
    Quite intrigued with recent events at Oakridge myself, so since I know one of the owners I gave him a call.
    He's actively seeking someone to take it over and run it.
    Might be a nice little business for someone if its run properly!
    If you're interested then either post here or PM me and i'll send on your details:)

I've enough on me plate at the moment but would love to go there and play. Is it closed until he/they find a buyer?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭kev-Oakridge

its something i'd be very interested in

Abram wrote: »
    I've enough on me plate at the moment but would love to go there and play. Is it closed until he/they find a buyer?
    Its not a buyer their looking for, its someone to take over control completely.I'm pretty sure they just want a percentage of the takings.
    I dont really know any more than that.I didnt ask whats gone on and to be honest I dont really wanna know,but I do think the site has potential.Also there is no capital required and their not looking for a set rent!
    I've even given it some thought myself ,but I dont really want to cross the line from retailer to site owner.
    Actually on that, maybe an existing site owner maybe interested:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭Daz1214

its something i'd be very interested in

you'll have the full support of the RATS ;)

Thanks for the PM's everyone
    I'll foward your details to John and he'll be in touch.

Great to see TWO Airsoft Heavyweights interested.

I'll bow out now,so best of luck to you all:)

Anymore developments here? Any chance this place will be open this weekend?

Abram wrote: »
    Anymore developments here? Any chance this place will be open this weekend?
    Doubt it!
    Owner has been and is currently meeting interested parties so should be an update pretty soon!

hey everyone, just to let you know, I'll be running the site and we should be open next week all things going well

I have a good few plans for the site, but once I get the key to the lock, i'll be getting it back to a playable state, like it was last year and will be holding a test game for teams and players, more than likely one evening this week to get their feedback

I must actually go and get my username changed abit now, but in the meantime, bear with me and any questions you can post here or pm me, I'm working on getting the other username reset now

• Advertisement

Best of luck with this, sent you a PM. Ideal site for me based on where im living anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭Inari

Best of luck with the site. I think this is fairly close to me, so (if it is) I'll probably be seeing a lot of you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭Black Bullet

hey everyone, just to let you know, I'll be running the site and we should be open next week all things going well

I have a good few plans for the site, but once I get the key to the lock, i'll be getting it back to a playable state, like it was last year and will be holding a test game for teams and players, more than likely one evening this week to get their feedback

I must actually go and get my username changed abit now, but in the meantime, bear with me and any questions you can post here or pm me, I'm working on getting the other username reset now

Best of luck with the site.........just what I need a good local site:D...........let us know when the test game is on ;)

Are you keeping the site name ?

thanks everybody

and of course i'll keep ya's informed for the test game and i'll also be keeping the name on it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭J.D.R

Great, teh sites only 20 mins away, so it'll be nice to see it up and running.

Just wondering, whats the story on prices? And, is there any chance if sorting out some sign posts/a proper gate? Don't mean to criticise, its just for such a savage site (both in the good, and literally savage sense:cool:) it really is a bugger of a place to find.

But, its like narnia. Once you find it, all you'll want to do is go back:D

J.D.R wrote: »
    Great, teh sites only 20 mins away, so it'll be nice to see it up and running.

Just wondering, whats the story on prices? And, is there any chance if sorting out some sign posts/a proper gate? Don't mean to criticise, its just for such a savage site (both in the good, and literally savage sense:cool:) it really is a bugger of a place to find.

But, its like narnia. Once you find it, all you'll want to do is go back:D

there was an issue with the signs put up, but there will be signage put up for the weekends, to be honest at the min i'm waiting on a few bits including the signs

the gate we can't do much about, it just has to be kept closed as horses roam the field that the access road goes down through, so we have to try andstop them from escaping, its just an open and close jobbie, there is a large sign at the gate now

prices for the first while will be 10euro for evening games, running hopefully twice a week from 7 until dark, so tenish and we'll be doing a special for the first little while of 10 euro for a half day and 20 for the full day at the weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭J.D.R

Uh, sound nice. Never played Oakridge in evenign light, but I've a feeling the valley is the stuff of nightmares in the half-light

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭Black Bullet

running hopefully twice a week from 7 until dark[/QUOTE]

Great stuff midweek games:D

Cant wait!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,763 ✭✭✭Airsoft Reloded

Good luck Kev, hope all goes great for you up there.

• Advertisement

As above Kevin, best of luck with the site!
    Say goodbye to those lazy weekends:D

thanks everybody

finished work early today so was up there and started the cleaning up

the winter storms claimed one of the sniper towers so have to get that sorted out

also the two tents have been knocked/blown down so will try and get them back up

waiting on a few bits and a ssoon as i have those i'll start off with a test game for player feedback and then open the site fully and make improvements over the next little while

• Registered Users Posts: 3,348 ✭✭✭Rhinocharge

Best of luck with the site. :)
    From all of us @ South East Airsoft.

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Ratsquad

great news kev, sad to see eoin handing over the reins:(. now he will get to play again;)
    but glad to see another good airsofter taking over, its a great site ye got yerself
    a good and well liked spot there. as darren said you have our full support.

dont hesitate to ask us if ye need a bit of help to organise things . ie
    rebuilding or setting up the structures.
    one thing get a steam roller for lungbuster hill....aghhh:eek:.

best sniper valley yet on that site .
    best of luck kev.
    paddy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭Bailey.!

ha ye the hills a bitch farely bumpy and i cant wait ro see this place open again only 5 mins away ,.,.,.,:D

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Ratsquad

Bailey.! wrote: »
    ha ye the hills a bitch farely bumpy and i cant wait ro see this place open again only 5 mins away ,.,.,.,:D
    HEY a.w.o.l....:confused:

well everyone is more than welcome, especially the locals like myself :D

aiming to have the site open this weekend, all things going right tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭tonyj_mc

Glad to see it'll be back up and running. turned up on sunday for a game no idea it was closed :(

i know its early days but will ya be open during the week at all?

tonyj_mc wrote: »
    Glad to see it'll be back up and running. turned up on sunday for a game no idea it was closed :(

i know its early days but will ya be open during the week at all?

planning on opening it this weekend, for the price of 10 euro for a days gaming on sat and sun, all i ask is for a little feedback from players on what they'd like to see at the site

I'm also going to be running evening games, so far planning on having them for tuesdays and thursdays

also if there's enough interest to open on a week day, ie a group of at least 10 players, or i'm available to open other nights aswell if its suits regulars or groups better

based on the player feedback and also what i'd like to do myself, there'll be changes being made next week and then some other ones down the line, for example i'm going to be putting in a village gaming zone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭rossla

Village sounds good, The Valley was always my favorite there, Good luck with the site

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement