Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TEEU Wont Pay Strike Pay

Options
  • 29-07-2009 2:59am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

I lost a weeks pay because of the recent electricians strike which I did not agree with. Now my so called Union (the TEEU) won’t pay me even the joke of 120 euro strike pay. They have informed me that because I was temporally let go for a month last January my Union dues are not up to date.
    That’s what I get for supporting a stupid strike against my gut feeling that it would be a waste of time.
    Is anyone else having problems getting strike pay?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,295 ✭✭✭secman

Sorry to hear that, Alls the more a pity as many many electricians actually worked through out the strike, as only main sites were affected.

As a matter of interest, were you actually balloted on the strike, as many electricians i know, were not.

Secman

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 thebearded1

I was balloted about June of last year, but nothing happened because of a legal case in the Labour Court. I was not balloted this year.

Huge downturn in Construction from June 08 till June 09, to still use that ballot as a mandate ! The sparks I know were not in agreement to Strike, in fact many of them said if the choice was a job with a 10% reduction or no job and 5% increase, its a no brainer.
    Somehow I reckon a lot of sparks would feel the same. It would be very interesting to see result of a ballot in todays market.

Secman

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭edward543350

secman wrote: »
    Sorry to hear that, Alls the more a pity as many many electricians actually worked through out the strike, as only main sites were affected.

As a matter of interest, were you actually balloted on the strike, as many electricians i know, were not.

Secman

the union is a joke always was and always will be .i was balloted last year which i voted no too striking. was never balloted this time .i would love see the real numbers that voted yes or did the union just do what suited them:mad:

TEEU claimed to have 90% + of members in favour of strike. Hard to believe really, having spoken to numerous sparks, all who workd during the strike and were scathing of th union.

Secman

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭ABEasy

I lost a weeks pay because of the recent electricians strike which I did not agree with. Now my so called Union (the TEEU) won’t pay me even the joke of 120 euro strike pay. They have informed me that because I was temporally let go for a month last January my Union dues are not up to date.
    That’s what I get for supporting a stupid strike against my gut feeling that it would be a waste of time.
    Is anyone else having problems getting strike pay?

Bit harsh they drag you out on strike over pay, then refuse to pay you on a technicality.... they're just as bad as these greedy employers they are always harping on about.

Advertisement