Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Moving House Superstitions

• 29-07-2009 8:37am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,752 ✭✭✭

I'm in the process of packing to move to my new home, hope to get keys next wednesday. Everyone is telling me not to move in on a Saturday though....Why is this?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 122 ✭✭face2face

Saturday flittin', short sittin'! Also if it's an old house and you find a picture of "The Crying Boy", in the attic - leave it there and the house will never burn down or get flooded. Good luck with your move!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

It's bad luck to be superstitious.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

Cause you would have to get up early and therefore can't drink on Friday night obviously.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭messrs

supposed to be bad luck to move in on a saturday, even just sleep there fri nite and move your stuff in on the sat.
    best of luck

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Do you have a daughter called Carol Anne?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,109 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Whenever I move I always bleach the whole house down and then burn it down before I leave it.

Its the only safe way to get rid of the evidence ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,707 ✭✭✭CR 7

Just pay very close attention to it for a few weeks. At first it'll probably just try to sneak around when you're out, you might just see the littlest of movement out of the corner of your eye. But eventually when it gets comfortable with you, it'll be off out on your morning run with you, going down the pub with you and everything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭Pop's Diner

Quazzie wrote: »
    Whenever I move I always bleach the whole house down and then burn it down before I leave it.

I just take the evidence with me, in my balls.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

gatecrash wrote: »
    Everyone is telling me not to move in on a Saturday though....Why is this?
    Wut? Who are these people?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

Superstitions are total bs, move whenever you want. if you attach any kind of belief to these things and there happens to be a fcuk up of any kind, you'd want to be some kind of a moron to blame a day.
    Quazzie wrote: »

Hate to piss on your parade there Quazzie, but even houses that have been burned out can leave evidence ;)

Best thing you can do is to never actually leave the house if the finger isn't pointing at you, or there is not enough evidence to prove your involvement and a search warrant can be obtained. If you leave the house, the remains may be discovered by the new owners while making alterations to the house / gardens.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭truecrippler

I just take the evidence with me, in my balls.

:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

:confused:

I think he is referring to his semen, wheras Quazzie was using the bleach for the blood spatter. Crossed wires I believe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭truecrippler

Abigayle wrote: »
    I think he is referring to his semen, wheras Quazzie was using the bleach for the blood spatter. Crossed wires I believe.

Hmmm yes but I just imagined him stashing a knife in his testicles.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,397 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

people don't want you to move in on a saturday because they're afraid you might ask them to help you move stuff and spoil their weekend, you should get new friends

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,294 ✭✭✭✭Penn

You're also supposed to bury a statue of St.Joseph upside down in the back garden when you move in. Or is that when you sell the house?

These bulls**t superstitions, I can never remember them all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

It's bad luck because when you say you're moving in on a Saturday you have to listen to all manner of morons telling you it's bad luck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 359 ✭✭jigglywoo

face2face wrote: »
    Also if it's an old house and you find a picture of "The Crying Boy", in the attic - leave it there and the house will never burn down or get flooded.

Those paintings are meant to be the only unharmed items in houses that have burned down...

Anyway, don't move in on a saturday because you should use it as an excuse to take a day off work to do it instead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,337 ✭✭✭Archeron

If you discover an ancient American Indian burial ground in your back garden, whatever you do, DON'T dig up the skulls and have coitus with them, as that will bring vengeful spirits hell bent on retribution.

Also, beware of Hellmouths, and evil little girls watching TV in the basement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭ottostreet

what is the crying boy? im kinda freaked out by the image of that to be honest!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

I am not superstitious but I was lucky to be away on holiday for two weeks when a relative of mine moved house .That was one back breaking ,moving furniture job I was glad to miss ;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement