Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Information for people visiting Kerry

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭crockholm

madrabui wrote: »
    crockholm, http://www.osullivanscourthousepub.com/ in Dingle doesn't have a TV.

Thanks for that,will check it out,last time was in Dingle went to a few well known ones( think cobblers),what a town!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭Cody Pomeray

crockholm wrote: »
    I'm as Irish as bate'in the dog,I was in a few pubs that didn't have telly's,best known being courtneys in killarney, but we just want to go somewhere where that feckin sky sports news isn't on.It drains the atmosphere.

Or historic pubs,or quirky pubs, just not the generic"everyone stay silent whilst one liverpool fella passes to another for 2 hours, and an hour of analysis"

Just looking for recommendations from the good folks here:)

You might like The Shanty Bar in Ballyfinnane.

Wouldn't be my personal kinda place but with none of the Sky Sports brigade I can see why it would be popular.

Here is a youtube video of a man singing Fáinne Geal an Lae, trí mheán na Gaeilge, over half a pint of porter in a very dimly lit pub to prove it is 'the real deal'.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭crockholm

You might like The Shanty Bar in Ballyfinnane.

Wouldn't be my personal kinda place but with none of the Sky Sports brigade I can see why it would be popular.

Here is a youtube video of a man singing Fáinne Geal an Lae, trí mheán na Gaeilge, over half a pint of porter in a very dimly lit pub to prove it is 'the real deal'.

Go raibh mile maith agat.(swedish computer,no fada's)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭blingrhino

Hi I'm thinking of taking the family to glenross caravan park and staying in one of their mobile homes .
    Really I'm looking for advice as in are the mobiles good and is it a good base to travel around Kerry for the week .
    I have two children 9 and 5 .
    Thanks

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭beertons

I've only ever eaten on OOTB in Dingle, must be 6 or 7 times at this stage, super dishes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭RevBlueJeans

I must agree. Ive eaten in OOTB on 2/3 occasions and they are really excellent.

On a negative note I noticed two chefs standing at the front door puffing dirty cigarettes last Tuesday - not a very pleasing image!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭martinn123

Hi Guy's

Doing the stay-cation thing, and travelling for a few days to Kenmare in Sept.
    Any options on the fishing front, won't be bringing any gear, so any recommendations for a days angling, with all equipment rent-able.

Would also love to try out lake fishing, never tried it, so anywhere I can hire a boat, and Rod etc, plus the services of someone to show me the ropes
    cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Slasher

martinn123 wrote: »
    Hi Guys

Any options on the fishing front, won't be bringing any gear, so any recommendations for a days angling, with all equipment rent-able.

Would also love to try out lake fishing, never tried it, so anywhere I can hire a boat, and Rod etc, plus the services of someone to show me the ropes.
    cheers

I think the closest lake fishing to Kenmare would be in Lough Currane, Waterville, which is about an hour's drive from Kenmare.

http://flyfishingatloughcurrane.com/gallery.html
    http://www.loughcurrane.com/gilliesandboathire.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 836 ✭✭✭OilBeefHooked2

Hi Guy's

Would also love to try out lake fishing, never tried it, so anywhere I can hire a boat, and Rod etc, plus the services of someone to show me the ropes
    cheers
    There're three lakes all within 15/20 mins of Kenmare that are stocked and provide a great morning or days fishing.
    There're also three rivers with excellent salmon fishing and last but not least there is a abundance of sea angling.
    When you get to Kenmare call to John O' Hares shop on Main Street and he'll provide you with everything you need, information, fees and hire equipment etc.
    Enjoy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,953 ✭✭✭Radio5

Not sure if someone else has posted up re the road closure on the Kenmare/Killarney route though Molls Gap which is coming up Oct 21st to 25th .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭isaos

crockholm wrote: »
    I'm as Irish as bate'in the dog,I was in a few pubs that didn't have telly's,best known being courtneys in killarney, but we just want to go somewhere where that feckin sky sports news isn't on.It drains the atmosphere.

Or historic pubs,or quirky pubs, just not the generic"everyone stay silent whilst one liverpool fella passes to another for 2 hours, and an hour of analysis"

Just looking for recommendations from the good folks here:)

You can't beat Crowley's in Kenmare - also PF MCarthy, The Horseshoe, Flory Batt, all these are TV free!
    :)

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭isaos

Looking for something to do in December? just go to Kenmare, the town is and will be buzzing all month until January!

Sales and special offers everywhere in Kenmare on December 8th, including participating restaurants offering 2-course dinners for €20, 3-course dinners for €30.

Activities for grown-ups and kids, and Kenmare's usual great atmosphere!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,141 ✭✭✭colrow

Hi Guy's

cheers

If you are coming to Caherciveen, I do Charter Fishing, the mackerel are running at the moment.

Advertisement