Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

car is suffering, high oil temp sensor, any have advice

• 29-07-2009 9:19am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

i recently got the timing chain fixed ob the car and shortly after this the oil temp sensor came on, now the engine is constantly at half power, i live at the top of a steep hill so getting home every day is a strugle for the car. has any one else been in a similar situation to this as its really annoying but i dont hav the money just now to send it to a mechanic before knowing the extent of it.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,438 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

what car is it? If the chain was incorrectly fitted or is too slack then its possible the oil pump isnt pumping oil around sufficiently. Bring it back to whoever fitted the chain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 rorzy

its an 03 almera but if it is an issue with the chain been fitted wrong dont think ill bring it back, they dont know wat they are doin if they messed up first time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,438 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

rorzy wrote: »
    its an 03 almera but if it is an issue with the chain been fitted wrong dont think ill bring it back, they dont know wat they are doin if they messed up first time

I understand your concern but why should you go and pay another garage to fix their mistakes? Get them to sort it ASAP before theres any serious damage done

cheers for the advice

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,468 ✭✭✭jetfiremuck

maybe they broke an electrical plug /damaged the sensor when they did the repair

• Advertisement

do you have any idea on how to check hat, we have an electric meter reader (or what ever they are called) my bro tried to get a reading on it but to no avail

Advertisement