Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bargains in Centra - Chicken, Eggs, Butter

• 29-07-2009 9:27am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭

Amazing - there are some bargains in Centra this week (my local one anyway):

454g (that's 1 pound for you old-timers) of Irish butter - €1.00

6 free-range medium eggs - €1.00

600g Irish chicken breasts - €4.99 ("half price") - and they looked good too - 6 per pack and they were not the big slightly grey cross-between-a-chicken-and-a-turkey ones you see in bargains sometimes.

Amazing - Centra - bargains - who'd a thunk?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭tony231974

What Centra is your local?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭dowtchaboy

My local is Crosshaven - but the flyer did not seem to be specific to them - maybe it's a regional thing. There are major differences between the Centra's here - the one in the next town (Carrigaline) seems to charge petrol station prices - for instance their own-brand 2L of milk is €1.99! Our local guy, while not cheap, does try harder, and if there are deals going he'll have them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭Fol20

I posted this earlier but it never went up,but anyway.

In my centre 2l RiverRock for 78c

Coffee + a cadbury bar for 2e

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 423 ✭✭Amberjack

Centra in Howth have this offer too - picked up some eggs and a couple of pounds of butter yesterday (butter fresh until Feb)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 351 ✭✭Fran79

Mine is doing the offer - but have been in a couple of times and they are always out of stock :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

The centra near me recently closed down and I went in to check if anything was selling cheap but nothing everything was the standard price :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭networks

well, in my local centra yesterday,the centra butter had gone up from 1euro to 1 euro 79cent:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭dowtchaboy

Oh well - looks like this thread is not going to get on to a second page!

Advertisement