Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Latest Taxi driver activity...

• 29-07-2009 9:58am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 865 ✭✭✭

I'm sure others have noticed this...taxi drivers are now PUSHING their vehicles with their hand in the window to steer when moving up the rank queue. I first noticed this outside the Gresham Hotel on O'Connell Street.

C'mon "bud"...pushing your car in this day & age...are they that stingy to save fuel LOL.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭spank_inferno

Saves on the fuel to ignite the engine

Helps prolong the starter motor/ignition.

Moving a car a couple of feet requires little effort...

Whats wrong with this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

/moved to the really bad attempt at humour forum

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

I sometimes do this if I only need to move my car a few feet. Seems ridiculous to turn on the engine just to roll it forward and then switch it off again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭loobylou

Taxi drivers always did this back in the seventies/eighties. Economically we seem to have gone back there too.

seamus wrote: »
    I sometimes do this if I only need to move my car a few feet. Seems ridiculous to turn on the engine just to roll it forward and then switch it off again.

i have never heard of this.. maybe for a taxi driver but for a regular person seems a bit odd.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

I always do that when moving the car in the driveway. Though you should sit in, turn the key to '2' and have your foot ready on the brake.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭biggus

a Prius would solve this problem for them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Taxi drivers are not the only ones pushing their vehicles, this photo was captured yesterday of a motorcyclist pushing his bike around the recently opened bus corridor on Collage Green to avoid prosecution.

http://www.biker.ie/gallery/albums/userpics/11972/Push_It.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

i have never heard of this.. maybe for a taxi driver but for a regular person seems a bit odd.
    In my head, the effort required to release the handbrake and roll the car forward by six feet is less than the effort required to sit in and drive it thos six feet.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭Pompey Magnus

• Advertisement
Advertisement