Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

College courses offered to the unemployed/made redundant

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4 webactivation

Can anyone tell me if it is possible to get a grant to cover costs as I am due to start a twenty week web activation course next Monday. I have no income at present and just need living expenses.

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭Long Term Louth

qwert2 wrote: »
    Thanks Jeremy. That's interesting. I should have been on BTEA then :(
    I am going back to do the second year in September. I can hopefully switch to BTEA in the meantime. Another factor about BTEA is that I think it hinders your chance of applying for a maintenance grant (not too sure on that one).

I'm based in Dublin, thanks for the link nevertheless

If youget BTEA you are not entitled to a maintenance grant, however you can receive course/registration fees by completing the maintenance grant form and sending it in as normal.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭JeremyH

The Irish Management Institute (IMI) & Business Information Systems (UCC) are offering FREE short courses under the Springboard initiative launched last week.

The short courses are as follows:
    • IMI Certified Module in Business Model Innovation
    • IMI Certified Module in Business Intelligence & Decision Support
    • IMI Certified Module in Cloud Computing & Web 2.0

There are 15 places available on each short course and more detail can be found at:

http://www.bluebrick.ie/Springboard/SearchResults.aspx?SearchText=&InstitutionIDs=34

The unique selling points of these short courses are as follows:
    • 3 week block style delivery (1 reading week, 1 teaching week, 1 continuous assessment week)
    • Participants up-skill in an area quickly
    • 100% project based assessment (no end of year examination)
    • Content is specifically developed to appeal to a wider business and management audience from all sectors (not technical computing modules).
    • 10 credits (NFQ – Level 9) and can be combined (in the future) with 2 additional 10 credit modules to lead to a IMI Diploma in Information Systems, which can further be combined with other IMI offerings to lead to a Masters of Business (90 credit – Level 9 NFQ).

The eligibility criteria for Springboard can be found on the website (www.bluebrick.ie/Springboard/). As the short courses are (NFQ – Level 9) applicants must have a (NFQ - Level 8) qualification (e.g. an honours degree) for a period of at least three years before the commencement date of their chosen Springboard Level 9 short course.

PM me for more details.

Advertisement