Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Parking in The Square

• 29-07-2009 10:46am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭

In the Sq early this morning (no idea why) but saw that they are installing new barriers and ticket machines in the car park !

it all seems finished but all is missing is just the bar for the barrier

Will you still use it ???

Need input !

(Yes the Sq tallaght, dublin)

Will you still go ? 5 votes

Yes.
    0% 0 votes
    No.
    40% 2 votes
    The Square is a **** hole..... NEVER !!!
    60% 3 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,699 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

robbie_998 wrote: »
    In the Sq early this morning (no idea why) but saw that they are installing new barriers and ticket machines in the car park !

Will you still use it ???

Need input !

They need planning permission before they can put pay parking in to effect, so no need to worry about it yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭biggus

R.O.R wrote: »
    They need planning permission before they can put pay parking in to effect, so no need to worry about it yet.

Who says ? source pls !

biggus wrote: »
    Who says ?

A girl I work with who lives in Tallaght.
    biggus wrote: »
    source pls !

Unfortunatley she's on holiday this week, so unavailable for comment.

The barriers have been there a couple of weeks I think. If it was easy enough to put pay parking in to effect, you can bet your a$$ they would have had it in place for the Rovers / Real match.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

If this is the case, one would think they already have it?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,752 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

You see the same cars there early in the morning, day in, day out. Many people are abusing it as free parking to use the LUAS. It was only a matter of time. Unless there is some sort of ticket validation with a purchase over 'X' for example, then I won't use the place any more.

• Advertisement

If this is the case, one would think they already have it?

Barriers and machines have been installed, but they aren't currently charging as (I'm reliably informed) local planning permission doesn't allow them to at the moment.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Barriers and machines have been installed, but they aren't currently charging as (I'm reliably informed) local planning permission doesn't allow them to at the moment.
    You think they would pay for the work to be done without planning permission?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,423 ✭✭✭pburns

'The Square' where?

Tallaght I assume but just goes to show the parochial, geographically-skewed nature of Boards.

Which explaind a lot:D...

You think they would pay for the work to be done without planning permission?

You think they ensured everything required was in place before they went ahead and started work?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭OldmanMondeo

I refuse to pay for parking outside a city centre shopping centre.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,189 ✭✭✭NewApproach

What square are ya on about?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭Cionád

The Square.

Not Ballinahinch square.

http://www.thesquare.ie/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Typical Dub mindset.

We must ALL assume its Dublin unless we are told otherwise.

I thought it was the Square Dromcollogher myself.

Anyway I saw these "barriers"being painted the other day and thought how strange that was and realised they were made off wood and were clearly fake.

Strange. This was the Northern entrance to the multistorey by the new block of buildings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

if it's designed to stop the abusers

they would want to have the first hour is free rule like many places so as to not affect the regulars

Advertisement