Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dog Teeth Scraping

Options
  • 29-07-2009 10:48am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭

I've noticed that, even though I do brush my dog's teeth (though evidently not regularly enough) a dark build up has begun to accumulate on his back teeth & his breath has become distinctly "doggy".

I'm considering having his teeth scraped by the vet. I was wondering if anyone has had this done for their dog before and what I should expect. Might he need to sedated? Also, does anyone know a roughish estimate for the cost - do I need to prepare for cutting back on the luxuries for a few weeks? :P

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

I was going to do this with one of my dogs a while ago, she'd had it done before when she was fairly young. She can't chew on a lot of the treats because she's a sensative tum. But I thought I'd try those white bones that are filled with tripe or whatever, there's not much food in them but enough to get her interested in the bone. After a few weeks I noticed the difference, had her on pigs ears for a while too but her tum started acting up.

Now she chews on the empty ones I find the Aldi ones splinter but the Tesco ones are fine.

If you cut down on treats and just give something like that instead that the dog has to work on it might help. There's a paste called 'Logic' that can help as well.

When I got my dogs teeth done, it was around €70.00 and that's about 4 years ago. I'd say it's a good bit more now.

Advertisement