Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Carlingford Adventure Centre (for a stag)

Options
  • 29-07-2009 10:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks.

I'm trying to get a stag together for August / early September.

There are a few of the group that are ...well....current economic climate etc....:(

So I am looking for something that has activities envolved but also a bit o' drenkin so nice local pubs would be a bonus.

Has anyone ever used of heard of the Carlingford Adventure Centre

They say they cater for stags...

http://www.carlingfordholidayhomes.com/HenandStagPackages.htm

I'm just wondering if these prices are competitive or over priced.

Also would anyone have any info on something similar, there are a fair amount to choose from but some get VERY mixed reviews.

Thanks in advance.

B

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭NathanKingerlee

I've heard of Carlingford Adventure Centre and only heard good things about them. Their €89pp for a day's activities plus lunch is really good value. Their full weekend priced at €239pp is a good average, however that would want to include 2 full days activities. If you check their website it says ''1 Days of Activities'' but this could be a typo?

You might get a cheaper deal if you booked a trip in individual elements. Dingle for example has great pubs and restaurants, hostels and B&Bs. www.irishadventures.net runs kayak trips and mountain biking and I know they'll give you a good deal. www.playatheight.com is an indoor climbing wall down there and they have excellent indoor climbing and high ropes and are really reasonabally priced for a couple of hours. If you priced these different things you might come up with a much lower price than paying for a full weekend package. This is just my local area, so some local examples.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭Carawaystick

I was there at a Stag a few years ago, stayed in the Hotel in Carlingford, and we went canadian canoeing in the afternoon on the Saturday. we headed up the Lough to a culvert where a stream comes down from the mountain under the road to Omeath and we all though it was cool and Commandoe like stuff.

There's plenty of good auld lad pubs with loads of character and characters and plenty of women up on hens too.

Advertisement