Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Joyces carpark

Options
  • 29-07-2009 11:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭

A disaster at the best of times, no one seems to know how to navigate around it, how to park in one space instead of taking two, people leaving their car while they use the cash machine. This morning I pop down to Arabica for the coffee and there is a woman who has parked parallel with those cars parked in front of said shop BUT in the lane leading to the back carpark past O'Connors drycleaners. There are two lanes here (access and exit) but obviously her 'royal highness' does not mind reducing this to one lane, even though there were plenty of spots less than 30 meters away which she must have seen.

She is a local as far as I can tell so it is not as if she isn't aware of the available parking.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

Yeah, women can't drive.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭DeadSkin

A disaster at the best of times, no one seems to know how to navigate around it, how to park in one space instead of taking two, people leaving their car while they use the cash machine. This morning I pop down to Arabica for the coffee and there is a woman who has parked parallel with those cars parked in front of said shop BUT in the lane leading to the back carpark past O'Connors drycleaners. There are two lanes here (access and exit) but obviously her 'royal highness' does not mind reducing this to one lane, even though there were plenty of spots less than 30 meters away which she must have seen.

She is a local as far as I can tell so it is not as if she isn't aware of the available parking.

It ain't just Joyces car park my friend. It's everywhere.

I've seen a few people pulling up beside disabled spaces and parent & child spaces and blocking them off, not using them, but blocking them.
    I've said it to a few of them, only if there are other people around 'cos it seems to embarass them.

It's just ignorance, and ignorance seems to be absolute bliss.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭kayos

DeadSkin wrote: »

While true you find it every where Joyces has to be one of the worst around town. Honestly if I had to get something from Joyces at anything other than a quiet time for them I would be going to dunnes stores instead. The car park actually put me off shopping there.

These days I normally either park down near the bottle bank/xtra vision or down past the dry cleaners.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

DeadSkin wrote: »

I've seen a few people pulling up beside disabled spaces and parent & child spaces and blocking them off, not using them, but blocking them.
    I've said it to a few of them, only if there are other people around 'cos it seems to embarass them.

It's just ignorance, and ignorance seems to be absolute bliss.

Wish it was a male driving it because I would have pulled him on it. I initially thought she was getting a take away but lo and behold when I returned from Joyces (I was parked across from the dry cleaners) she was sitting outside happily eating away. I only wish the car park was busy because I would then have no hesitation saying it. God bless the arrogance.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭Col200sx

While I agree with Joyces carpark and a lot of its users being a farce, nothing is worse that the users of the new Dunnes carpark in Knocknacarra.

People just casually drive up and down the wrong way on the one way system, then sometimes they've had the cheek to beep at me abiding by the law:eek:

Idiots who don't understand what a "No Entry" sign is shouldn't be driving. It doesn't matter that it's a carpark, if you done this on the open road you'd be done for carless or even dangerous driving.

Oh, and even better, I've lost count how many times I've seen people pulling into the spaces and absolutely crunching their front bumper on the high kerbs. Learn the length of your car fools:D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Wish it was a male driving it because I would have pulled him on it.

And you wouldn't pull a woman on it... why?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,533 ✭✭✭LowOdour

kayos wrote: »

These days I normally either park down near the bottle bank/xtra vision or down past the dry cleaners.

This is probably the best piece of advice. Parking around there is a shambles

• Registered Users Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭DeadSkin

Das Kitty wrote: »
    And you wouldn't pull a woman on it... why?

Because he's a sexist pig :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

Males can take criticism, females can't especially when it comes to driving/parking. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭galwaygirleen

Happy.. You havent been in the car with me and my husband when it comes to him taking critisim... LMAO

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭claw14

Joyce’s is crazy but I think the genius that designed Dunnes car park in Rahoon should be taken out and beaten. Its nuts that you have to travel all the way round past the shops to get to the underground car park. On your way there you get people who don’t want to go underground for fear of the monsters. And the wait ages for someone to back out of a space. And it's not always women. Everyone has to park right outside the door. Why can’t people walk a few extra yards?
    Also, if you just want to go to B & Q you have to join in the queue to go past the shops to exit. It’s all daft.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭biffoman

im with ye on this one .i try to park in the underground as well but have to dodge my way around the feckin head -d-balls that are on a different planet.if they ever drove down the ramp of death they might be shocked...theres never any more than 20 or so cars down there at any time.as for joyces.blow the feckin thig up.dont get me started on westside...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,673 ✭✭✭s_carnage

Males can take criticism, females can't especially when it comes to driving/parking. ;)
    Happy.. You havent been in the car with me and my husband when it comes to him taking critisim... LMAO

Yet again another woman who refuses to take criticism!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭ErnieBert

The problem with Joyces supermarket car-park is that it is not policed by clampers so there is no fear factor.

Super Valu on Fr Griffin Road is worse though. It is near impossible to park outside the door and the underground car park is a major inconvenience. My mate parked in the car park of the Tara Court apartments around the corner for a few minutes and got clamped. We never shop in that Super Valu anymore.

Advertisement