Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Vehicle Registration Form

• 29-07-2009 11:38am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 32

Hi All,

I'm going to France with the Family this summer and i'm bringing the car. I'm told I need to bring the Vehicle Registration Form with me. Is this true for starters? I'm not sure if I have lost it or not - If I have how can I get my hand on one replacement?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,699 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

baldyback wrote: »
    Hi All,

I'm going to France with the Family this summer and i'm bringing the car. I'm told I need to bring the Vehicle Registration Form with me. Is this true for starters? I'm not sure if I have lost it or not - If I have how can I get my hand on one replacement?

Thanks in advance.

If you can't find your VLC you need to complete an RF134 form, have it signed by the Gardai then send it off to Shannon along with a cheque for €12.

They'll take ages and eventually send you back a replacement VLC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 baldyback

Thanks for thak but at hte moment my main question is do I need it to travel to France. i know it is advisable to bring it but is it a necessity?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,473 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

It is if you encounter any of the French police. How do you prove you own the car?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Bond-007 wrote: »
    It is if you encounter any of the French police. How do you prove you own the car?
    I think the question he's asking is whether he would have to do so. No Garda would ever ask me for proof that I owned a vehicle at the roadside unless it was reported stolen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,473 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

I did have it once where i was pulled over in France, outside of Nantes. Gendarme asked me if I owned the car. I said yes. He then asked for the documents. Lucky I had them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 32 baldyback

Thanks Guys - I'll send off for a new one if i cant find it this evening - Was more worried about getting the car onto the ferry - there would be some very unhappy faces in the back if we were told we couldn't travel because I didn't have my reg form.

Advertisement