Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cancelling a three contract

Options
  • 29-07-2009 11:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 20,126 ✭✭✭✭

i am out of contract with three, will prolly keep the number by transferring it a payg sim (can i port a bill no with three to a voda payg?)

anyway to cancel my three contract do i need to give them notice?

if i port the number does that circumvent a notice period if applicable?

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Why you moving away from 3?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,126 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Sully wrote: »
    Why you moving away from 3?

free work phone is the only reason. happy enough with them myself:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭donkey balls

you have to give them 30 days notice im also out of contract with them im on the old 750 min i find them good.

just waiting for the release of the n97 on there network before renewing contract

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

you have to give them 30 days notice im also out of contract with them im on the old 750 min i find them good.

just waiting for the release of the n97 on there network before renewing contract
    Mid August for the N97 from what I'm hearing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 muntijaqi

Hi, can anybody help me with this? :)

We had a 3 broadband usb modem. Our contract expires 16th January
    We called to say we dont want to renew and they said we should have done this before and now we are gonna be charged for another month more..

I dont understand why because our contract expires.. In this case we would have to have said that we wanted to renew or wathever, but... calling to say that we are not gonna renew?

The point is, i was arguing a little over the phone (not very well cause my english is not as good) and they kept talking about cancelling. I said i dont want to talk about "cancellling" because the contract expires.. its not a cancelling contract.
    I said that we dont want to pay another month and asked the agent to tell me exactly in which part of the contract says that in order not to renew contract we should have given notice in advance. She didnt know it.

My question (finally :) ) What would it happen if we cancel the direct debit in the bank? does anybody know in which exact part of terms appears this thing the agent was talking about?

Thanks a lot!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

Once your minimum contract term is up, it becomes a 30 day rolling contract. If you want to cancel, you must give them 30 days notice. Once you notify them that you want to cancel, they will continue your service for a further 30 days, for which they will charge you, and then cut you off on the 31st day.

Cancelling your direct debit without giving them any notice or going through the cancellation procedure, will just create more headaches for yourself. 3 will continue to bill you, which you are liable for, the account will go into arrears and chances are 3 will get their debt collection team on your case which you really don't want.

BTW. Best to start your own thread in future instead of dragging up one from almost 6 months ago :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 muntijaqi

Thanks a lot Kensington!
    I will accept the rules then and let them charge me for one more month :(

About not opening a new thread, sorry :D I did not check date.

Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 34 2xensemble

I want to sign up to a real bill plan butthree want me to pay 70€ to end my flexifix plan!! any advice3?

Are you on a min term contract? If you are you cannot change from the flexifix plans to the flex or flex max plans without finishing your flexifix contract

Walkman wrote: »
    Are you on a min term contract? If you are you cannot change from the flexifix plans to the flex or flex max plans without finishing your flexifix contract
    I have been on my latest flexifix 25 plan with 1gb internet extra for roughly 10months now plus a previous 6 on the same plan. I find it insane that I want to sign up up a new contract with three for at least another 12 months as I require a regular bill phone for my new job but in order to do so I must pay 70 something euro!!! surely if they value my custom in some way something can be done not the dead end I get from three's representatives... as the way things stand, F**K THREE!!!ZERO HELP!!! i'll finish the contract and change to emobile :)

• Advertisement

apologies if I'm resurrecting dead threads here btw :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

2xensemble wrote: »
    I have been on my latest flexifix 25 plan with 1gb internet extra for roughly 10months now plus a previous 6 on the same plan. I find it insane that I want to sign up up a new contract with three for at least another 12 months as I require a regular bill phone for my new job but in order to do so I must pay 70 something euro!!! surely if they value my custom in some way something can be done not the dead end I get from three's representatives... as the way things stand, F**K THREE!!!ZERO HELP!!! i'll finish the contract and change to emobile :)

I know it's a little crazy but sometimes the "computer says no" and no one knows what to do then! Flexibility is whats needed here (no pun intended). Maybe Patrick (Three rep) can help today as he'll be around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

I would post this over on the 3 Forum: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1367

2xensemble wrote: »

Why must you pay €70? Are you on an 18 month contract. Flexifix is a totally separate suite of plans to Flex that's why moving isn't allowed

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

Advertisement