Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteor Forum seemingly now live

• 29-07-2009 12:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭

I've just been checking meteor.ie, & theres a new tag on the top of the page called "help and support" , it looks similar to the VF forums for customer queries & complaints etc. Looks like it's only gone live last night.

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

To save people looking for it
    Its http://forums.meteor.ie/

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Look what o2 have started! :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

I love how all the operators constantly play a game of catchup. First O2 has a forum, then Vodafone and now Meteor; I wonder how long it will take for 3 to start their own? Now I know forums aren't exactly an original concept, however, it's not a coincidence that within months of O2's, two of the other operators have followed suit. I'm looking forward to the next idea an operator comes out with which is then plagiarized by the other operators; which won't be too long since they do it all the time.

I really do hope that the level of customer care given on the Meteor forum is sufficient to satisfy the majority of their users, as going down a route whereby valid posts are deleted, e.g. as recently seen on Vodafone's forum, is not something I imagine users wish to see.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,922 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,216 ✭✭✭cojomo2

can some1 with a meteor a/c please post in the DATA section of this forum and ask why they are , by far, the most expensive network in Ireland when it comes to data usage? And if they plan to increase the current 250mb for a 10er to 500mb or even 1gb?

Their new bill pay lite plans are brilliant and im itching to move to them but the lack of a decent data plan is holding be back..I'm shi*tting it in case I go over the 250mn limit, at which point the charge over 20 euro/mb, compared to the likes of 02, who charge 2c/mb .. Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭wba88

cojomo2 wrote: »
    can some1 with a meteor a/c please post in the DATA section of this forum and ask why they are , by far, the most expensive network in Ireland when it comes to data usage? And if they plan to increase the current 250mb for a 10er to 500mb or even 1gb?

Their new bill pay lite plans are brilliant and im itching to move to them but the lack of a decent data plan is holding be back..I'm shi*tting it in case I go over the 250mn limit, at which point the charge over 20 euro/mb, compared to the likes of 02, who charge 2c/mb .. Thanks

Was thinking the same thing myself, waiting a reply now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

It's copycat tactics but it makes good business sense and can only be good for the consumer.

Another positive step by a network :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Speaking of forums - o2 are up for an award for doing it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

I see your still waiting on a reply. If there this slow now i dread to think what they'll be like when the forum properly takes off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭brendanuk

looks very quiet, only handful of posts. The 2 mods, they must be on tea break ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 498 ✭✭Pyro Boy

Think we get a better quality of response from boards.ie than we do from Meteor's forum...:D Eg:

Data addons Are there any plans to change the current data add-on?

meteor reply:

Hi All,
    Thanks for your suggestions on this.
    Data pricing is something we're looking at.
    I will pass your comments on to the relevant people and we'll keep you up to date on any developments.

Thanks

Caitriona
    Meteor talk to us team

Borads.ie :

Meteor Data plans to be updated in September
    Was just on the their customer care. I asked if Meteor had any plans to update their data plans to bring them in line with the other providers..she put me on hold to check with a supervisor, and the confirmed that they will be updated in the first couple of weeks is September!

I know which one gives more info ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 721 ✭✭✭mk6705

More posts about data people :). The more, the better.

• Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭Tarakiwa

As you may know ...... I am a Meteor fan.

Ok - so it is not an original idea but I give them credit for getting a forum set up. There seems to be a bit of activity on the site and I hope that over the next few months it will grow .......... I will always be lurking around here too though!! :)

Tarakiwa wrote: »
    As you may know ...... I am a Meteor fan.

Ok - so it is not an original idea but I give them credit for getting a forum set up. There seems to be a bit of activity on the site and I hope that over the next few months it will grow .......... I will always be lurking around here too though!! :)

Tara, I know your a fan of meteor, and I saw your post over on their forum regarding data, you were asking how much the unlimited add on was for mobile surfing, to which the admin replied ''€30'' and you replied , and I quote ''Wow - thats great.''

Now what you really need to be doing is giving them a kick in the ar*e, - this is a terrible plan, and we need to put pressure on them to change it.

Realistically, when using mobile surfing, the majority would never even go over 500mb, and the few hardcore users maybe around the 1gb mark. Meteor know people wont utilize anywhere near 10gb, but use it as an excuse to charge 30 euro, when the likes of 3irl only charge 10 euro for as much as the majority of users would use , 1gb.

Now what you really need to be doing is giving them a kick in the ar*e, - this is a terrible plan, and we need to put pressure on them to change it.

QUOTE]

Do you think that I am wearing rose tinted glasses??:p

I guess that I am not a HUGE user of data, but I do like the security of knowing that there is no limit ...... just in case!!

Anyway - point taken ...... I will amend the post from "Wow" to just "Thats great!"

QUOTE]

Do you think that I am wearing rose tinted glasses??:p

I guess that I am not a HUGE user of data, but I do like the security of knowing that there is no limit ...... just in case!!

Anyway - point taken ...... I will amend the post from "Wow" to just "Thats great!"

In that case, you should move to 3, and get this security for a fraction of the price, 9.95:)
    ..and while you are at it, ask meteor why they are ripping you off..

In that case, you should move to 3, and get this security for a fraction of the price, 9.95:)
    ..and while you are at it, ask meteor why they are ripping you off..

Unfortunately that is just not an option for me at home at the moment ..... the coverage where I live is not good enough.

If it improves then I would certainly consider it.

Again - I take your point, and I will check a few other proces too!

Advertisement