Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Self assembled bed and good mattress

• 29-07-2009 12:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭

Hi there,

Not sure if this is the best place for this as it's not a bargain request, as such. Although if anyone knows of good deals out there right now, I'd love to hear from you.

I'm looking for a new bed. The old one is banjaxed and it's probably not doing my back any good.

I'm looking for a wooden framed bed that I can assemble myself. Access to my room is not at all straightforward. With IKEA opening I figured they might have something along that line but I'm going nowhere near that place until things calm down a bit.

As for the mattress I'm looking to splash the cash somewhat. I'm looking at it as an investment, of sorts, so money is not really an issue, within reason. I'm toying with the idea of a memory foam mattress, although I have heard they can retain a lot of body heat which makes them uncomfortable for the more warm blooded person.

Any suggestions or pointers to good websites or stores on the East coast doing deals right now would be greatly appreciated.

CJ

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭driverite

I was in ikea on monday......beds are very cheap. also got in and out very quickly

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭Sharp

Picked up a Double wooden(Pine) frame bed Alex is the model name in Des KellySallynoggin. Just checked they still have in stock.

For 100 euro. Oh it comes in two manageable box's self assembly.

You'll need a drill as the latts have to be screwed.

Dunnes were doing a special on a double memory foam mattress for 199 , they may be back in stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Hildah

Hi,

You're right to splash out on a quality mattress, nothing better than flopping into a comfy bed.

2 places come to mind......... Prestige beds just off the Naas Road in Dublin (behind Woodies DIY) have a mega sale on at the moment. A top notch memory foam kingsize mattress, reduced from €899 approx to €389, other sizes available. Think they might be open to offers too.

Personally, I just bought a Silentnight pillow top Miracoil 3 kingsize mattress from Littlewoods Direct. They are delivering it on 10th August free (free to anywhere in Ireland btw). Paid €279 for it in their July offers Sale. They have memory foam ones on sale too, half price. Worth a look but you need to trawl through all their offers.

Happy zzzzzzzzzzzzzz's!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭crackity_jones

Thank you all for the informative replies. I think I might chance a spin down to IKEA this weekend for the frame and then on to Prestige Beds to see what they have.

Cheers,

CJ

Advertisement