Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

World Series 2009

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭j10spades

or maybe he's just a donkey lol

edit - EPIC FACE PALM

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Whyno

Blatant chip dumping by Ivey. He should be disqualified :D

That begleiter guy is a clown and Kopp aint much better. If i was the french guy i`d have probably kicked the table over and lunged at Kopp. From what i seen the french guy was tight out and for Kopp to say i dont think youve any of that flop was in one way right but how could he not give him credit for a hand. I cant wait to see his exit hand.Clowns will be clowns.

yea i can't wait to see Kopp's exit hand, how anybody with a decent skill level go's broke with a baby flush on a paired board, so deep in chip's, so close to the final table and more important against a card rack is beyond me :confused:.. i mean is there any such thing as pot control? your only getting called if your behind.

Begleiter does seem like a bit of a agro fish bit like myself lol.Some of his spots were pretty marginal and he was snapping them off and holding.Can actually see this chap win it :(..french donk ftw :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,290 ✭✭✭Ardent

pooman wrote: »
    I think Ivey did realise it.. his reaction just after mucking is priceless..

Eh? He was sick that yer man spiked an ace on the river to beat his pair of eights. Not for a sec did he realise he was holding the winner (flush), why would he fold at all if he did??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 657 ✭✭✭BuChan

i begleighter character tilts my ****ing socks off thereby he's a massive favourite to win imo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭raheny red

pooman wrote: »
    I think Ivey did realise it.. his reaction just after mucking is priceless..

Agreed. He just says 'wow' to himself :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭Juan Pablo

raheny red wrote: »
    Agreed. He just says 'wow' to himself :D

Barry Greinstein clears it up here

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

I meant to post this before, very good interview with Lon McEachern from the 2p2 pokercast earlier this year. Well I found it interesting anyway; sounds like a smart man. His part starts at 53 mins.

http://pokercast.twoplustwo.com/listen_and_browse.php?episode=81

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭delspeed78

The final table is being broadcast on Espn Tuesday 10th 9pm ET in the US, but what about this side of the atlantic?... as far as i can see the listings are different for Espn UK. So is everyone gonna wait till it is up on pokertube or would it be possible to find a stream?

Can't seem to get this info anywhere.

Thanks in advance..:)

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭tm2204

delspeed78 wrote: »
    The final table is being broadcast on Espn Tuesday 10th 9pm ET in the US, but what about this side of the atlantic?... as far as i can see the listings are different for Espn UK. So is everyone gonna wait till it is up on pokertube or would it be possible to find a stream?

Try Justin.tv on the night. Think 9pm ET is 2am here in Ireland.

:D

• Advertisement

that face was a reaction to his utg open being 3 bet oop by a9 off. Don't think he noticed

Absolutely 100% spot on Tom. See the Barry Greinstein link, http://www.pokerroad.com/radio/the-bear-blog/player/ivey-laying-down-the-best-hand, to hear the full story...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭Paul Spillane

What should the TD rule if he should rule at all if (hypothetically of course) 8 of the WSOP main event finalists all called the first time Ivey went all in and then all checked it out?

that type of collusion is accepted i think,ivey would win it tho obv

unless he mucks

What should the TD rule if he should rule at all if (hypothetically of course) 8 of the WSOP main event finalists all called the first time Ivey went all in and then all checked it out?

Silly cos he`ll octople up and then bust their bitch assess for ganging up on him. The TD should just say GG lads yous are now fcuked.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭thenutpeddler

tm2204 wrote: »
    Absolutely 100% spot on Tom. See the Barry Greinstein link, http://www.pokerroad.com/radio/the-bear-blog/player/ivey-laying-down-the-best-hand, to hear the full story...

I've a great read on that ivey fella :D

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭peterc1991

delspeed78 wrote: »

PKR has it live i think,but it will eb live without being able to view hole cards!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

tm2204 wrote: »

This isn't the final table

Ace2007 wrote: »
    This isn't the final table

By live I mean whats being broadcast in USA live now. Last 18 down to 9 by tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭pooman

My bad on the Ivey scenario..

Links up on pokertube now.

http://www.pokertube.com/Movies.aspx?movie=12117&title=WSOP_2009_ME_Ep29_1_4

• Advertisement

wsop me ep 29 part 3/5

Check out the hand at around 7 mins. Some big folds and a blow up by tavelli imo.
    Surely he has to reason that all he can beat is a bluff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 495 ✭✭carrigeen

is ep 30 going up today?

carrigeen wrote: »
    is ep 30 going up today?

I'd say yes. Sometimes it's delayed after the first one goes up.

BTW, Norms (re Ivey eating apples again) 'An Apple A Day Keeps The Bad Beats Away' is classic...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,755 ✭✭✭tylerdurden94

Billy Kopp's fold with the 4's you have to peel a flop! Id be a bit pissed if somebody hit me like that after a hand like Begleiter did :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭DeadMoney

Please god don't let somebody as dangerously uncool as Jeff Shulman win the main event!! The guy is such a weirdo!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

Anyone but Begleiter imo

zuutroy wrote: »
    Anyone but Begleiter imo

Begleiter is a no no to win!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭DeadMoney

Ok I guess I'd take Shulman any day over Begleiter!

• Advertisement

Im just glad that clown Maimone didnt make it.

Advertisement