Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

World Series 2009

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

Main Event is loltastic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 584 ✭✭✭aidankk

The-Rigger wrote: »
    srysly wtf

Im not so sure, the other player was tight, and it was a huge overbet, id say there is little point just calling off here as most of the time you are beat and the few times your not you can get outdrawn.. Old guys like that almost never are bluffing with just the ace ( just because he happened to be semibluffing here doesn't change anything). Good fold id say 9 times out of 10 in that event against an old tight guy..

If he call off with q high flush, we'd be asking how can he just call off with q high flush, as it would never seem good with the action.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

I wouldn't. Would have to watch it again but there is a lot of flushes he beats, amongst other hands. He may as well just muck JQ suited pre if he is going to fold it when he flops the Queen high flush.

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭CourierCollie

The-Rigger wrote: »
    srysly wtf

Just watched this now. Nearly puked at that fold.
    I could imagine myself doing it, but only cause I'll never be rolled to play in the ME, and if I somehow satted into it, I'd still be playing scared.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Macspower

I havn't seen it but was it a flush with him holding 2 suited cards and 3 of his suit on the board and not a 4 flush on the board???

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭max_power

lol just saw it earlier. Mattusow flats a raise pre with jsqs, flop comes all baby spades, guy leads into him with Asx, Mattusow raises, guy shoves, Mattusow gives a retarded speech about how sick it is and folds. It's an unbelievably bad fold.

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭CourierCollie

Macspower wrote: »
    I havn't seen it but was it a flush with him holding 2 suited cards and 3 of his suit on the board and not a 4 flush on the board???
    Blinds 150/300. 5 way limped pre flop, Matusow, with QsJs. Flop comes 6s3s9s, 2 checks. V raises to 700, Matusow reraises 2200, 3 folders. V rearaises 15K. Matusow folds.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,276 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

His table draw was the nuts, they were all terribad, pity he was too.

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭pgodkin

mdwexford wrote: »
    His table draw was the nuts, they were all terribad, pity he was too.

It was a shockin shove though.... look at it from mikes point of view its a limp pot the guy has commited a 1000 chips and shoves 17.5k in!:eek: and its for most of mikes chips (dont know how much he had though) Really shockin play..... its reasons like this that noel hayes wont but bigger stacks in the IO jesus the dealers would need shovels to move the chips around!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,276 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Ton of fold equity and 30% at worst if called, not the worst shove ive ever seen.

Mikes fold was far worse, his general play was awful, when he bluffed the fish was terrible, i know he folded the turn but firing barrells against guys like that is burning money, and the KQ hand, lmao, he played ridic.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭max_power

Cheers Courier Collie, got the details right for the hand. Yeah his all round play was terribad.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭Wombatman

Shocking play. Can't believe The Mouth gets so much t.v. time. I'd rather be watching some interesting hands and players (like Lex Veldhus) than waiting for this spaz to blow up and cry like a pussy.
    Tilting coverage all round, including presenters, effin quizshow and all round format.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Slash/ED

mdwexford wrote: »
    Ton of fold equity and 30% at worst if called, not the worst shove ive ever seen.

Mikes fold was far worse, his general play was awful, when he bluffed the fish was terrible, i know he folded the turn but firing barrells against guys like that is burning money, and the KQ hand, lmao, he played ridic.

Yeah the KQ hand was way worse than his QJ fold I think

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Macspower

wow and yer mans speach play virtually anounces that he's drawing!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,755 ✭✭✭tylerdurden94

Hellmuths most gimpish entrance i think so!

Jeff Madsen = :o

• Registered Users Posts: 4,547 ✭✭✭mormank

why is phil ivey not in the team prop bet? are they afraid of him?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,547 ✭✭✭mormank

also, why all the min raising pre flop by negreanu and lingren?

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭pgodkin

mormank wrote: »

because they wanted to lose the prop bet:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 578 ✭✭✭ozpoker

mormank wrote: »

Because that's an integral part of the whole smallball strategy: continually apply small amounts of pressure regardless of your actual holdings and force the more unsophisticated players into making lots of decisions. The WSOP might be the best field to apply this approach to chip collection.

• Advertisement

ozpoker wrote: »
    Because that's an integral part of the whole smallball strategy: continually apply small amounts of pressure regardless of your actual holdings and force the more unsophisticated players into making lots of decisions. The WSOP might be the best field to apply this approach to chip collection.

I wasnt a fan all this min raising crap, i understand that part of Negreanu's play is small ball poker, i just thought that was more to do with pot control, how can you effectively judge a persons holding if your are allowing them in really cheap? Then it gets very tricky!

Im sure you have some super awesome answer for this Oz :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭cuterob

the main event coverage is slowly gettin worse and worse.. too many bull**** stories about peoples lives.. so fckin ghey.. and annie duke just shows even more why people dont like her.. all this shiit about "oh my poker skills helped me out.. i stayed calm cause of my poker skills" like wtf? "poker skills" lol.. gtfo imo

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭tm2204

ozpoker wrote: »

Granted but some of Lindgren's play was atrociously bad. Shocking in fact. To me smallball is pot control and not playing 5 way pots holding AA where every limper/small raise caller gives the next player even better odds to call with a bag of spanners

cuterob wrote: »
    the main event coverage is slowly gettin worse and worse.. too many bull**** stories about peoples lives.. so fckin ghey.. and annie duke just shows even more why people dont like her.. all this shiit about "oh my poker skills helped me out.. i stayed calm cause of my poker skills" like wtf? "poker skills" lol.. gtfo imo

lol at her going from delight to dejection in a split second.

Hachem is such a tool, pity Dannenmann didn't win.

wtf was Lindgren at? Never saw the point in him anyhow.

Part 4 of 26, why the fúck am I watching this ****.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

Why do they show these idiots who think they are rappers rapping. STFU.

tm2204 wrote: »
    Granted but some of Lindgren's play was atrociously bad. Shocking in fact. To me smallball is pot control and not playing 5 way pots holding AA where every limper/small raise caller gives the next player even better odds to call with a bag of spanners

Well, I'm not going to make any excuses for how Lindgren/Neganeau executed. I was just explaining why they were minraising. The thing to remember is that ESPN edits the footage to tell a "story". The stories from the last 2 episodes were obviuosly Negraneau + head cold = bad decisions and Lindgren + AA = smnaller stack.

CHD wrote: »
    Why do they show these idiots who think they are rappers rapping. STFU.

QFT. That had to be the most painful 2 minutes of my existence.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭Wombatman

Nice fold with the Kings on day two........

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭thenutpeddler

LOL Steve Gee

Advertisement