Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

World Series 2009

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 657 ✭✭✭BuChan

CHD wrote: »
    Why do they show these idiots who think they are rappers rapping. STFU.

lol it was joke genius. i'm quite enjoying it so far (i am a little bleary eyed i must admit) i fast forward through all the personal interest ****. the play is so bad, it's hilarious. lilndgren obv hit the crack pipe a bit too hard before the show. i can't decide what the worst play was so far, the call king high flush on a double paired board after it's been bet and raised on the river was pretty sexy.

phil hellmuth > caesar imo.

jason alexander needs larry david to script his table banter next year imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭Flushdraw

Ep 13 on pokertube....its all about Helmuth so far...

"Wow I think you have two 8's"
    So he still calls with Ace high....

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭super182

lol hellmuth is a legend but gayest thing i ever seen was him in the toga:D:D lindgren played soooooooo bad:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭Wombatman

Helmuthicus (yuk) showing uncalled winning hands like a fish.
    I'm sure the chatter and head-phones handling would be tell worthy if you were at the table with him long enough.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,873 ✭✭✭RichieLawlor

Lol at everyone still bashing Hellmuth.

[x] thouroughly dislikable guy at the table

[x] stuck up his own arse

[x] would like to punch him

[x] one of the best big field nlh tournament players ever

[x] better than 99% of the hellmuth bashers

Lol at everyone still bashing Hellmuth.

[x] thouroughly dislikable guy at the table

[x] stuck up his own arse

[x] would like to punch him

Better than 100% i'd say!! I think he's great to watch to be honest, does go a little far sometimes but thats just his nature.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,276 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Hellmuth is a donk.

This weeks highlights were...

Dennis Philips bet sizing.

Ivey semi slow rolling KK.

Guy limp calling 10bb's w/33.

They really need to stop with the "celebs", 200 year old guys and dying people, do the yanks really like watching this crap.

come on he's not a donk lets be fair he's one of the the alltime greats!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

mdwexford wrote: »

Dennis Philips bet sizing.

It did look bad but strangely enough though, the reactions of his opponents indicated every time that it was an amount that they had to call and any more and they'd have probably folded.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Mr Floyd

Check out Hellmuths frosty reception from one guy when he sits down at his table in EP15 part 1, he refuses to shake Phil's hand saying he has no repect for him, bitter bastard.

Watching Ep 16 of the World Series on pokertube...

Nice play by the scandi with the 84.
    Gets Hachem to fold QQ and Lisandro to fold KK on an A46 flop

• Registered Users Posts: 2,755 ✭✭✭tylerdurden94

He got away with murder a couple of times. Jesus its a little shocking to see people just gift away there chips, guys with monster stacks to nothing is crazy! Is Elky that good? He just seemed to be rolling.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭j10spades

hellmuth with the 84 against top set,wtf was he thinking?thought he makes huge laydowns to have play with his stack and to find better spots..a tad donklike imo being so deep lol

• Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

Mr Floyd wrote: »
    Check out Hellmuths frosty reception from one guy when he sits down at his table in EP15 part 1, he refuses to shake Phil's hand saying he has no repect for him, bitter bastard.

that's probably the guy that was upset over the whole ub scandal. pretty understandable imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

idk about that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭raheny red

Is there anywhere I can watch this from the very beginning? Can't find it on pokertube.

raheny red wrote: »
    Is there anywhere I can watch this from the very beginning? Can't find it on pokertube.

It's really easy to find these on youtube. Just click on WSOP 2009 under "TV Poker Shows" and it will group all WSOP episodes together

He got away with murder a couple of times. Jesus its a little shocking to see people just gift away there chips, guys with monster stacks to nothing is crazy! Is Elky that good? He just seemed to be rolling.

http://www.officialpokerrankings.com/pokerstars/ElkY/poker/results/98B93E92BA0F48349103A28AE7F69306.html?t=2

http://pokerdb.thehendonmob.com/player.php?a=s&n=39879

just your run of the mill luckbox imo. i think the recession is making that much easier to rob people blind at the tables.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭J_Mac

I heard a lot of peolple were not please with the WSOP this year. Appearently some players had to play on tables in corrirdors etc. I suppose its v hard to do things perfectly with such a large number of players?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,755 ✭✭✭tylerdurden94

Big Mick G makes an apperance in the newest episodes of the WSOP, Ivey hoovers up chips, some dopey aul one wont shut up.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

If the wsop coverage is anything to go by American wives in the U.S seem so dedicated to their husbands and not just the terminally ill ones.
    You could be leading the Irish open here and all the wife would get is a text message!.

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭gorrrr72

If the wsop coverage is anything to go by American wives in the U.S seem so dedicated to their husbands and not just the terminally ill ones. Only when the camaras are rolling imo.

You could be leading the Irish open here and all the wife would get is a text message!.

lol because it's true.

Big Mick G makes an apperance in the newest episodes of the WSOP, Ivey hoovers up chips, some dopey aul one wont shut up.

Mick's exit hand was a strange one. Let people watch it before discussing it though. Coverage didn't do him justice methinks. It covers Ivey in glory with the benefit of knowing he is on the final table of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭tm2204

Think they only showed 2 of Mick's hands. The first was when he folded AK on the bubble to an Ivey raise (with 99). The second was where he went with his A9, flopped 2nd pair & Ivey had top pair.

Agree coverage was very Ivey biased but it looked like he had a perect day; getting lots of big pairs and his opponents hitting 2nd pair & going with it.

Helmuth was his usual obnoxious self; fell into his own trap slow playing AA on his exit hand.

Enjoyed this weeks 2 episodes on Pokertube today; watched them on the Ferry across to Wales this afternoon

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭Ollieboy

What the hell were you doing Mick? Firstly not calling the raise, I don't know what the stack sizes where, but you can't ever play scared around the bubble and specially against Ivey, secondly wtf are you telling the table you fold AKs, just tell him you had 27os and if they were suit you would have called....lol

Did you get the bonus from stars for making the TV table? wp by the way...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭nicnicnic

hachem

• Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭DeadMoney

Ollieboy wrote: »
    What the hell were you doing Mick? Firstly not calling the raise, I don't know what the stack sizes where, but you can't ever play scared around the bubble and specially against Ivey, secondly wtf are you telling the table you fold AKs, just tell him you had 27os and if they were suit you would have called....lol

Did you get the bonus from stars for making the TV table? wp by the way...

Think the AK fold is ok under the bubble circumstances. I'm sure someone can run the ICM. Exit hand was strange though, perhaps Mick G could explain his thought process, if thats ok of course. The guy with the 33 hand seems awful and makes plays that bad 50nl players would make. I don't get why these guys constantly feel they want to try out play Ivey. Its like having no game selection and just playing any sick high stakes HU reg online or something.

DeadMoney wrote: »
    Think the AK fold is ok under the bubble circumstances. I'm sure someone can run the ICM. Exit hand was strange though, perhaps Mick G could explain his thought process, if thats ok of course. The guy with the 33 hand seems awful and makes plays that bad 50nl players would make. I don't get why these guys constantly feel they want to try out play Ivey. Its like having no game selection and just playing any sick high stakes HU reg online or something.

In fairness though it's hard to form an opinion without the true table dynamics being shown. I mean if Ivey was raising 3 or 4 times per orbit and got caught in a couple of bluffs then players are going to make a stand with less than stellar holdings.
    But the coverage just shows him betting with the goods all the time. So if Ivey was an unknown Joe Soap you could just fold and feel good about it. But as we all know he is well able to show up with a bag of spanners in all of those spots shown.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭carlop

To any one who plans on watching the latest episodes, be prepared for Marla Schwartz, quite possibly the most annoying person I've ever seen on tv.

Hachem is such a cringeworthy, tilting knob.

Advertisement