Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

World Series 2009

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 335 ✭✭BIGMICKG

Ollieboy wrote: »
    What the hell were you doing Mick? Firstly not calling the raise, I don't know what the stack sizes where, but you can't ever play scared around the bubble and specially against Ivey, secondly wtf are you telling the table you fold AKs, just tell him you had 27os and if they were suit you would have called....lol

Did you get the bonus from stars for making the TV table? wp by the way...

I think folding the AK was fine. I was surprised at the commentators reaction tbh. Id expect inexperienced players who have no understanding of ur tournament equity icm etc. to say wtf was I doin. But Im surprised at u Olly. ;)
    Cant believe they didnt show any of my key hands! Especially the Q 2. :(
    Exit hands was bad obv. I already admitted to this. Although still not terrible given my stack size :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭max_power

Mick was Ivey active apart from the big hands shown?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

BIGMICKG wrote: »
    I think folding the AK was fine. I was surprised at the commentators reaction tbh.

Defo think it was grand. Awkward stack oop to PI on the bubble. 'But Lon he has AK, zomg thats the 4th nuts!'

• Registered Users Posts: 2,755 ✭✭✭tylerdurden94

BIGMICKG wrote: »
    I think folding the AK was fine. I was surprised at the commentators reaction tbh. Id expect inexperienced players who have no understanding of ur tournament equity icm etc. to say wtf was I doin. But Im surprised at u Olly. ;)
    Cant believe they didnt show any of my key hands! Especially the Q 2. :(
    Exit hands was bad obv. I already admitted to this. Although still not terrible given my stack size :o

I heard you lost a big hand previous with Q2 what way did it play out? Do you think when you watched it back Ivey had some tell and thats why he went all in? Cheers Mick.

Nothing major in the new episode's :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 335 ✭✭BIGMICKG

were 1 from the money at this stage and the same guy has raised the previous 3 hands. Hes second to act in this pot and I decide if he raises im 3betting regardless of my hand. So sure enough he raises to 12.5k, im 3 to his left and make it 35.5k with Qs 2s folded to the sb who thinks about it for a while and then calls so does the initial raiser. At this point im thinking... oh ****, ah well ill just give it up. Anyway flop comes down Ks 2d 4c. sb leads out for 36k and initial raiser folds. Im 100% certain this guy is weak and decide to 3bet him to 90k. Again he thinks for what seems like an eternity and calls. AGAIN im thinking ok im done with this hand, but the turn comes As. He leads for 56k. I consider raising cos im still pretty sure hes weak and i can make him fold, but i opt just to call to see the river cheap. River is a 3c and he checks to me. I prob should just have checked at this point but couldnt resist a bet as its the only way i can win the pot. I bet 120k on the river. I know this is very small in relation to the pot but its a large % of his stack and im sure hes weak... and i think given how the hand has played this looks so like a value bet with AA KK or AK, as i would have played all those hands exactly this way. Anyway he thinks about it for well over 5 mins before another player called the clock on him and eventually calls with QQ. Sick call but correct.

No dont think Ivey had any read on me. He had a big hand on a drawy board and so he wanted to protect his hand while he was ahead on a drawy board. make me pay if im on a draw

Cheers Mick.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭Wombatman

Andy Black can't be happy with Ep 19 and all that blow up talk. Did well to cash. I didn't like the AJo hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭tm2204

God, wish Prahlad would STFU and just play poker. Don't know who's worse him or Madsen.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭pgodkin

KQo is not an all in pre hand, who knew???????:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Do we really need to spoiler everything? The thread is WSOP 2009...

anyhow...
    Protect your cards!! Especially when you are sat in seat 9 ffs. Dealer getting lynched was a bit much. Someone please knock out Lou Cúnting Phillips, I'm sick of this twat

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,961 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

So you get to Day 5 of the biggest poker game of the year and you don't know to protect you're cards, well done, better luck next year.

That was a mad RRAI on the river from the hairy Finn with trip J's. What worse hands are calling him?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,961 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Am I the only 1 that's getting really annoyed with the hidden hands thing? They show 1 player's hole cards over and over even if they are folding or not, then in the hidden hand they show those cards and hide the cards of someone that hasn't played a hand yet

• Registered Users Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭Flushdraw

Wombatman wrote: »
    That was a mad RRAI on the river from the hairy Finn with trip J's. What worse hands are calling him?

That wasn't a value shove with a set. If he gets a straight or a small flush to fold, its a huge result.

My highlights from the latest 2 episodes..Not Spoilered!

Loved the move with the 88 with Esfandiari
    Felt sorry for the chick that had her cards mucked
    The call with KK on the river when the Ace hit to make the flush that already had two 10s was pretty lol
    Open shoving for 286k to win 36k on the last hand was puke...Iveys call with 88 was dubious imo
    Checking behind with KQ when you spike 2 pair was lolmutbs

Flushdraw wrote: »
    That wasn't a value shove with a set. If he gets a straight or a small flush to fold, its a huge result.

Loved the move with the 88 with Esfandiari
    Felt sorry for the chick that had her cards mucked
    The call with KK on the river when the Ace hit to make the flush that already had two 10s was pretty lol
    Open shoving for 286k to win 36k on the last hand was puke...Iveys call with 88 was dubious imo
    Checking behind with KQ when you spike 2 pair was lolmutbs

+ 1

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Mr Floyd

Norman Chad: AJ is like AQ with fllees!

Mr Floyd wrote: »
    Norman Chad: AJ is like AQ with fllees!

Yeah i posted up about 10 mins from end, and then he came out with that line. Stroke of genius alright!

You folding a baby flush in this spot?

Wombatman wrote: »
    You folding a baby flush in this spot?

Me? Depends on my image and the read on my opponent but i'd consider it before i snap call. The WSOP Main Event also carries a lot of TLS merchants so there's lots of variables involved.

• Advertisement

Finally a mention of the chip leader Darvin Moon, im finding it a little strange they have held it out so long.

Tom Schneiders wife would get it but she is annoying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Whyno

Norman chad is on fire in these new episodes imo....
    Benyamine still hadnt been mentioned in any episode yet except for a quick shot of him in the last episode.
    Some very selective editing by ESPN which is a dose of KAK if you ask me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 797 ✭✭✭meathman 007

Dont know about anyone else... but I cant watch any WSOP coverage on PokerTube without letting the whole video buffer/load first. Reason being... I need the ability to fast forward just in case that douche Joe Hachem comes on screen :mad:

Also lol at Schneiders wife... endless cringe worthy moments.

Dont know about anyone else... but I cant watch any WSOP coverage on PokerTube without letting the whole video buffer/load first. Reason being... I need the ability to fast forward just in case that douche Joe Hachem comes on screen :mad:

Also lol at Schneiders wife... endless cringe worthy moments.

He has to be the biggest tosser on the planet...Hes so far up his own hole he can see out through his mouth.....:mad:

Schneider's wife is so annoying. He looks embarrassed everytime she starts her crap!

I can't, in a million years, fathom your mans play with the 55 when Elky and his mate both had AK...Thats probably the most severe case of MUTBS and missed value bet syndrome that i'm ever seen.

Denis Phillips looked like he got AA every other hand in these episodes!

For all you Joe Hachem haters, why not check out his new reality poker series, where he invites a group of amateur players to do tasks/play poker against each other, and he votes one off each week. The winner gets 100k and gets to be Joe's best buddy for a year :-)

Its crap, but i watched the 1st 2 episodes at the weekend

http://www.pokertube.com/Movies.aspx?movie=11699&title=The_Poker_Star_S01_Ep1_1_4&player=1&page=0&FreeText=the%20poker%20star&list=9

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Whyno wrote: »
    which is a dose of KAK if you ask me.

poo?
    Or does it stand for something.

The-Rigger wrote: »
    poo?
    Or does it stand for something.

:)

Whyno wrote: »
    Norman chad is on fire in these new episodes imo....
    Benyamine still hadnt been mentioned in any episode yet except for a quick shot of him in the last episode.
    Some very selective editing by ESPN which is a dose of KAK if you ask me.

Whats this about Benyamine?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,276 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

This weeks observations.

The Donkeybombers wife needs to be thrown on a big bonfire.

Guy with the 5's should kill himself also.

Darvin Moon is a Dennis Philips clone.

Advertisement