Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

World Series 2009

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭gorrrr72

Dont know about anyone else... but I cant watch any WSOP coverage on PokerTube without letting the whole video buffer/load first. Reason being... I need the ability to fast forward just in case that douche Joe Hachem comes on screen :mad:

Also lol at Schneiders wife... endless cringe worthy moments.

Ace king is your friend......that's what you do baby.........
    Stack em stack em right to the top YYYYAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D:D:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

mdwexford wrote: »
    This weeks observations.

The Donkeybombers wife needs to be thrown on a big bonfire.

Guy with the 5's should kill himself also.

Darvin Moon is a Dennis Philips clone.

Don't know what he was thinking of in this hand...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭a-k-47

Flushdraw wrote: »
    Schneider's wife is so annoying. He looks embarrassed everytime she starts her crap!

I can't, in a million years, fathom your mans play with the 55 when Elky and his mate both had AK...Thats probably the most severe case of MUTBS and missed value bet syndrome that i'm ever seen.

Denis Phillips looked like he got AA every other hand in these episodes!

For all you Joe Hachem haters, why not check out his new reality poker series, where he invites a group of amateur players to do tasks/play poker against each other, and he votes one off each week. The winner gets 100k and gets to be Joe's best buddy for a year :-)

Its crap, but i watched the 1st 2 episodes at the weekend

http://www.pokertube.com/Movies.aspx?movie=11699&title=The_Poker_Star_S01_Ep1_1_4&player=1&page=0&FreeText=the%20poker%20star&list=9

do you wreckin he missed the house and only saw the flush?.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭Flushdraw

a-k-47 wrote: »
    do you wreckin he missed the house and only saw the flush?.

Thats possible actually but i think he was afraid of the KK or if someone hit quads with 33

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭a-k-47

how did it go pre flop again?. I know it looks really bad on him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Thats possible actually but i think he was afraid of the KK or if someone hit quads with 33

do you reckon it would be check to him on the river if either of the other 2 players had house of kings or quad 3's

• Registered Users Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭Flushdraw

Ace2007 wrote: »
    do you reckon it would be check to him on the river if either of the other 2 players had house of kings or quad 3's

Read my post before MD's. Of course i dont think they'd do that. I'm saying what HE was probably thinking

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭Four of a kind

whats the story with the Final table? Will it be possible to watch it live or are ESPN going to do what they did last year and show it "seme-live"?

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭tm2204

For all you Joe Hachem haters, why not check out his new reality poker series, where he invites a group of amateur players to do tasks/play poker against each other, and he votes one off each week. The winner gets 100k and gets to be Joe's best buddy for a year :-)

http://www.pokertube.com/Movies.aspx?movie=11699&title=The_Poker_Star_S01_Ep1_1_4&player=1&page=0&FreeText=the%20poker%20star&list=9

Gonna watch this but I think Hachem is a cnut. He's got a horrible elitest nasty side to him that doesn't sit well with me.

Good player but a cnut.....

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 657 ✭✭✭BuChan

they guy with 5s was so funny. and of course to ice the ****ing cake he does the i'm a clueless donk slowroll, moseltov. sweet jesus i want in that tournament!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Schneider's wife is so annoying. He looks embarrassed everytime she starts her crap!

I can't, in a million years, fathom your mans play with the 55 when Elky and his mate both had AK...Thats probably the most severe case of MUTBS and missed value bet syndrome that i'm ever seen.

Denis Phillips looked like he got AA every other hand in these episodes!

tm2204 wrote: »
    Gonna watch this but I think Hachem is a cnut. He's got a horrible elitest nasty side to him that doesn't sit well with me.

Good player but a cnut.....

:D

lol@ the intro.
    Had the audio on but wasn't watching - thought it was a p1sstake.

He's some tosser.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭raheny red

Episode 23 is the latest one yeah?

23 and 24 are the latest two.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Whyno

Whats this about Benyamine?

He was still in and never recieved any sort of coverage to this point.Havent seen 23 0r 24 yet but how does a big guy like him stay under the radar for so long?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,755 ✭✭✭tylerdurden94

Whyno wrote: »
    He was still in and never recieved any sort of coverage to this point.Havent seen 23 0r 24 yet but how does a big guy like him stay under the radar for so long?

I didnt know that, they have been banging on about the pro's left in but i cant remember seeing him at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭Four of a kind

A bit ridiculous that he was'nt mentioned by now. Would make you wonder why not?

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Mr Floyd

Thats odd, didnt know he was still in it either.

In commentary they noted this was Darvin Moon's first time on a plane!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,276 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

http://pokerdb.thehendonmob.com/player.php?a=r&n=19

Came 102nd, wierd how they're creaming themselves over every other pro and DB doesnt even get a mention or be seen on any of the tables. Did he shag the ESPN guys wife or something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 584 ✭✭✭aidankk

mdwexford wrote: »
    This weeks observations.

The Donkeybombers wife needs to be thrown on a big bonfire.

Guy with the 5's should kill himself also.

Darvin Moon is a Dennis Philips clone.

Dont know what id do myself but, whats calling him on the river that he beats, if he ships it in. He may have got away with small river value bet, but it would be really obvious that AK was not good in that scenario and he would never get a call (well you'd never know)

The pot was already huge, in relation to stacks etc and i think id be happy with it at this stage, rake in the chips and be embarrassed to turn up the house, and just say how crap id played it while i was stacking..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,253 ✭✭✭shano_88

aidankk wrote: »
    Dont know what id do myself but, whats calling him on the river that he beats, if he ships it in. He may have got away with small river value bet, but it would be really obvious that AK was not good in that scenario and he would never get a call (well you'd never know)

The pot was already huge, in relation to stacks etc and i think id be happy with it at this stage, rake in the chips and be embarrassed to turn up the house, and just say how crap id played it while i was stacking..

We almost definetly have the best hand, You have to at least give yourself a chance of making more chips on the river even if you think your opponent has ak and is going to fold.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Whyno

A bit ridiculous that he was'nt mentioned by now. Would make you wonder why not?

As MD pointed out he finished 102nd. Like come on they have the camera on Ivey every 2 seconds and that slimy Hatchem cnut also.
    I reckon Pokerstars and Full Tilt must have to have some sort of say into who gets aired and what not because its very very selective editing for leaving one of the games biggest stakes players out of all filming.
    Or else MD could be right and he shagged one of the ESPN dudes missus' or all of them and punsh him by not getting air time.
    Conspiracy Theory IMO......

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭super182

As MD pointed out he finished 102nd. Like come on they have the camera on Ivey every 2 seconds and that slimy Hatchem cnut also.
    I reckon Pokerstars and Full Tilt must have to have some sort of say into who gets aired and what not because its very very selective editing for leaving one of the games biggest stakes players out of all filming.
    Or else MD could be right and he shagged one of the ESPN dudes missus' or all of them and punsh him by not getting air time.
    Conspiracy Theory IMO......
    Yeah there is definately something going on there, very strange

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭wendelsailor

I dislike this post in so many ways.........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 584 ✭✭✭aidankk

I dislike this post in so many ways.........

hopefully your going to elaborate, im only posting i can see some reason behind it and could be tempted to do the same myself in this event at this stage.

This would never happen in yer standard freezout, and im 100% to be shipping it in on the turn.. Which would be hard to do here with Elky calling flop and turn bets with a 3rd person to act.. (this would have to raise questions in your head about his holding)

Is it a question of tourney life in this event, how much more likely are you to win, by shipping river, in relation to the tiny chance that someone has you beat.. Dont know..

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,927 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Can't see any other move but shipping river aidan. There is 0 chance you are behind with 2 checks and the ship might look suspicious enough to get a call. If they fold so be it but it's the only play imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭wendelsailor

hopefully your going to elaborate, im only posting i can see some reason behind it and could be tempted to do the same myself in this event at this stage.

This would never happen in yer standard freezout, and im 100% to be shipping it in on the turn.. Which would be hard to do here with Elky calling flop and turn bets with a 3rd person to act.. (this would have to raise questions in your head about his holding)

Is it a question of tourney life in this event, how much more likely are you to win, by shipping river, in relation to the tiny chance that someone has you beat.. Dont know..

I cant believe this is being discussed..............literally.............im rubbing my eyes in disbelief.........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 642 ✭✭✭Kalashnikov_Kid

Haven't been watching the WSOP much at all, but what do you guys think of these prices? -

http://www.betfred.com/Areas/betting/Template_2_UK/index.html#bo-navigation=7551.2&market-group=67686.2&action=market-group-list

Surely Phil is worth a punt at 11/2...

Probably stingy odds considering his stack

Darvin Moon – 58,930,000
    Eric Buchman – 34,800,000
    Steven Begleiter – 29,885,000
    Jeff Shulman – 19,580,000
    Joe Cada – 13,215,000
    Kevin Schaffel – 12,390,000
    Phil Ivey – 9,765,000
    Antoine Saout – 9,500,000
    James Akenhead – 6,800,000

• Registered Users Posts: 3,253 ✭✭✭shano_88

The-Rigger wrote: »
    Probably stingy odds considering his stack

Darvin Moon – 58,930,000
    Eric Buchman – 34,800,000
    Steven Begleiter – 29,885,000
    Jeff Shulman – 19,580,000
    Joe Cada – 13,215,000
    Kevin Schaffel – 12,390,000
    Phil Ivey – 9,765,000
    Antoine Saout – 9,500,000
    James Akenhead – 6,800,000

Antoine Saut at 18-1 seems like great value....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,873 ✭✭✭RichieLawlor

shano_88 wrote: »
    Antoine Saut at 18-1 seems like great value....

Darvin Moon is a massive price imo. Hope he wins

Eric Buchman will win though so I suppose he's the value

Advertisement