Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

World Series 2009

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭thenutpeddler

I love darwin moon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭max_power

It's been pretty epic so far. Big lol at Dennis Philips heater ending.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭careca

max_power wrote: »
    It's been pretty epic so far. Big lol at Dennis Philips heater ending.

I felt sorry for him. Sick way to exit the tournie after playing so well for so long (well it looked that way anyway). He got lucky a bit earlier with the QQ where he got the flush on the river. The old guy did a bit of a slowroll with the set of As.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭Juan Pablo

Pretty enjoyable so far even with the crazy bias on certain players.

In light of the lull in live poker in the states (highlighted by the recent terrible turnout in the Bellagio's Festa Al Lago), over zealous regulation etc, who's victory do we think would be best for a) poker in the US and b) poker globally. Would a win for Darvin Moon stimulate another "Moneymaker Effect"? Would a win for Phil Ivey catapult him (and poker) into the mainstream media. In contrast to the decline in the US, poker in Europe is booming so would there be any real benifit to poker if a Euro won it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Slash/ED

The impact would be minor eitherway but I guess Ivey would be the best, he could possibly get some mainstream media coverage and become the guy who even people who don't play or know poker knows.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭Wombatman

".. and Antonio feels the sting of the Moon man". :D

Margets is way sexy.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Mr Floyd

That'd kill Phil Hellmuth!
    Slash/ED wrote: »
    he could possibly get some mainstream media coverage and become the guy who even people who don't play or know poker knows.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭Tony3004

The final table has been set and will reconvene on November 7th when these nine players battle for their share of over $27 million. First they will play down until 2 remain. The final 2 will finish play on November 9th and then the event will be broadcast by ESPN on
    November 10th.

Got this on WSOP website

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

They just continue to make the format worse and worse.
    WP.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

The-Rigger wrote: »
    They just continue to make the format worse and worse.
    WP.

It was the same last year.

• Advertisement

I see, I didn't watch any of it last year. I watched it live the year Jerry Yang won.

lol@me, the only reason I watched the coverage so far was because I thought the final table would be live.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭BobSloane

Anyone know what blind levels FT will start with?

nm- 120k/240k/30k if anyone cares. Ivey will have an M of 15 with position on moon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Whyno

The venue has now been changed for the wsop min event final table to a forrest in canada so as to allow Darvin Moon play his a game.....

Ya gotta like this guy.Straight as a dye and i doubt hes bluffed the hole tournament.

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭JamieCarra

BobSloane wrote: »
    Anyone know what blind levels FT will start with?

120k/240k/30k

If darvin ships the ME there'll be 20000 entering the ME next year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭hatedajacks

New episodes are up.Ivey not perfect after all,mis read his hand and mucked in a 2 million plus pot

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 carrig2007

I'd love to see ivey or akenhead win but you cant see past moon, with the chips he has and the solid way in which he plays. He has openly admitted that he has run outstanding (on day2 he was all in with QQ against AA and made quads....!!!) and if it comes down to poker he's way behing the rest of em

I dislike Warren Zackey....fcuker anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭tm2204

New episodes are up.Ivey not perfect after all,mis read his hand and mucked in a 2 million plus pot

Seen that Kev, couldn't believe it. Even the best make mistakes. Pretty unreal.

Having said that I've seen many people go on monkey tilt after doing something similar so Kudos to Ivey for keeping it together & kicking on...

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭careca

tm2204 wrote: »

Having said that I've seen many people go on monkey tilt after doing something similar so Kudos to Ivey for keeping it together & kicking on...

Don't think Ivey realised he made that mistake!! Probably only copped it last night after watching ESPN !!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭radharc

Except he hasn't kicked on. He's gone from a stack of 16m chips to less than 10m. An unbelievable achievement to get so far but it'll take some performance (and a bit of luck) to win from where he is now.

careca wrote: »
    Don't think Ivey realised he made that mistake!! Probably only copped it last night after watching ESPN !!
    Nope, look at his face immediately after he mucked; he copped it straight away & was sick :D

radharc wrote: »
    Except he hasn't kicked on. He's gone from a stack of 16m chips to less than 10m. An unbelievable achievement to get so far but it'll take some performance (and a bit of luck) to win from where he is now.

IMO getting to the FT from the last 27 stage is kicking on and he's ok stack wise relative to the blinds to take it down from his position.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭thenutpeddler

Nope, look at his face immediately after he mucked; he copped it straight away & was sick :D

that face was a reaction to his utg open being 3 bet oop by a9 off. Don't think he noticed

Only half watched the most recent 2 episodes last night and missed this.
    Do you know if it was in the latest or 2nd latest episode?

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭j10spades

what do the blinds and antes start at on the FT? i know the average is 20m and i know who has what.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

Ugh that Begleiter guy is horrible. Playing 8M he calls a 3bet to 1.1M OOP and cracks some lad's AA.

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭Silver-Tiger

Cant wait to see that waxy animal Maimone getting buried.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭pooman

I think Ivey did realise it.. his reaction just after mucking is priceless..

Beglighter J9 is donkathon call at best..

Kopp "I dont think you hit that flop for some reason"..lucky donk but he had outs if he was wrong...I just love to see those who actually do get it wrong actually lose a pot now and again.. ipoker!!!! :mad:

Ivey wont win...why would he..:confused:

Aikenhead short but you saw Maimone's run in episode 27...:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭Juan Pablo

The fold is clearly some sort of Level 24 Meta game play by Ivey that we mortals can't understand.

Either that or some sick million dollar prop bet he made in Bobbys Room whereby he folds a winner deep into the main event live on TV

Advertisement