Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

I f**king love the Metro

• 29-07-2009 12:57pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,193 ✭✭✭

So I open the Metro today and have a bit of a read on my way into work. I get to page 10 and notice they have the story about the guy who threw his daughter off a cliff. Then I notice they have a picture right next to it of some dude during the Red Bull Cliff Diving championships. Its nice to see Metro have a sense of humor about these things.

86400.JPG

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭tony231974

Nuts! Have to have a look at that.

Pic/link anyone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,630 ✭✭✭The Recliner

They do this sort of thing all the time

I generally play spot the linked picture and story most mornings

This one is fairly blatant though and brilliant

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 420 ✭✭Diageio_Man

ha ha, was reading 1 of the rags the other week and they were covering the story about the irish girl's funeral that died in the air france crash, right beside the article is a massive ryanair add with pictures of planes all over it.:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

Pic/link anyone?

The page (printscreened):

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,450 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

So I open the Metro today and have a bit of a read on my way into work. I get to page 10 and notice they have the story about the guy who threw his daughter off a cliff. Then I notice they have a picture right next to it of some dude during the Red Bull Cliff Diving championships. Its nice to see Metro have a sense of humor about these things.

Christ..who let you back on boards? :D
    Admit it..you read it while in prison (forum)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Bob the Seducer

I'm not sure what to think about whoever does the layouts for that paper, a talent for comedy if not their actual job... Seriously though wouldn't the inappropriateness of the picture beside that story seem obvious to most people?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭Rented Mule

I'm not sure what to think about whoever does the layouts for that paper, a talent for comedy if not their actual job... Seriously though wouldn't the inappropriateness of the picture beside that story seem obvious to most people?

I was expecting a fireworks ad next to the 'brainwashed' boy story as well.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Why are you all reading this publication for metrosexuals? That is soooo 2006.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

When Madeleine McCann disappeared and there was speculation that her body had been moved in her parents rental car the Tribune ran a full story on it. There was a huge ad at the bottom of the page for a car that boasted huge storage space in the boot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,513 ✭✭✭Sleipnir

Something similar happened in a newspaper beside a picture of the Twin Towers collapsing.

It was an ad for car and it said something like "BOOM! Now that we have your attention..."

brummytom wrote: »
    The page (printscreened):
    Much appreciated:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

tony231974 wrote: »
    Nuts! Have to have a look at that.

This thread's about The Metro. Can't you keep your mind off topless girls for even 2 minutes? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭greyed

There was also one a while ago that pictured a girl, arms outstretched, covered in snow and a headline of "Cocaine abuse out of control" or something like that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

The Irish Times had one online a few years back.

It was the time a Bus Eireann bus smashed into a wall on the side of the Liffey down beside Tara Street.
    The front page had a picture of the bus dangling off the edge of the wall and beside the picture there was a big ad for Bus Eireann saying something like, "Bus Eireann gets you there safely"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

all i read is, The Turd is back. whats this about a cliff?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭giggsy664

I have a brilliant one of these related to MJ from before his death

Will post tomorrow. later.

HUZZAH!

DSC00686.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Sorry about dragging up an old(ish) thread, but I think the London Metro has you guys well and truly beaten!

London_Metro.jpg

tman wrote: »
    Sorry about dragging up an old(ish) thread, but I think the London Metro has you guys well and truly beaten!

London_Metro.jpg

Rofl. Brilliant

• Advertisement
Advertisement