Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

e5200 overclock help

Options
  • 29-07-2009 1:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,156 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I've realised I've no idea what im doing!

My specs are a

e5200

Gigabyte Ep43c-ds3

and 4gb DDR2 6400 Ram

does any have a good idea where to look on advice for OC'n it? I understand the multiplier and the fsb and how they effect the CPUs speed, i think where im getting bogged down is the ram side of things.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,156 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

Ok, so i finally figured the whole thing out :)

Im running @ 4ghz and it surviving torture testing using IBT (Intel Burn Test) with temps of around 63c , is that just about the right side of acceptable running temps for loads?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Ok, so i finally figured the whole thing out :)

Im running @ 4ghz and it surviving torture testing using IBT (Intel Burn Test) with temps of around 63c , is that just about the right side of acceptable running temps for loads?

Thats fine, You'll never stress the cores this much through running applications or games. This Intel Burn Test really produces the highest temps of any torture program, I myself use OCCT for torture tests

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

What the heck are you cooling that thing with?! :eek:

Note to self: MUST LAP CRAPPY VANQUISHER!!! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,156 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

only seeing this now, didnt have notifications turned on at the time.

Remember that scythe ninja that you said that wasn't for mad overclocking?
    you owe it an apology :P:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Its an E5200, you could probably cool it with some tissue to be honest ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Anti wrote: »
    Its an E5200, you could probably cool it with some tissue to be honest ;)

Agreed, with a 12.5x multi its piss easy to overclock with out much voltage. To get to 4Ghz is only an FSB of 320,

For comparrison, my quadcore pc here beside me runs 24/7 at 3.2Ghz, with an fsb of 400 (multi was 9 but I dropped it to 8 as it ran easier at this overclock). Not sure of the voltage as its so long oc'ed (18 months without a single failed oc), but i think I'm pushing it with 1.425v to keep it stable. The Tuniq tower is an amazing cooler.

Advertisement