Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hour long video 13Gig file -> DVD

Options
  • 29-07-2009 1:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,749 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I've a mini-dv camcorder and adobe premier and not knowing the software too well, I ended up matching the input signal quality to the output quality during capture....which resulted in a 13Gig file from an hours tape. I couldn't find an option to turn down the quality enough to fit onto a DVD so I'm guessing I'll have to use something else to do this from the resultant huge file.

I have five tapes to turn into DVD (a good friends wedding) and just wondering if there is anything I can do to fit as much of this onto one or two DVDs without loss of quality.

Bit of a noob at movie editing here and any help would be greatly appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭artvandulet

If I was you and had no experience with premier or of editing and need to get results quick, I'd skip premier for now and use something a lot more straightforward and user friendly to the uninitiated.
    For this I think Corel Video Studio X2 is great. Capture into it, do a bit of editing as need be and then export to DVD. Its all very clean and simple. You can get a 30 day unlimited trial here.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,749 ✭✭✭smokingman

Cheers artvandulet, gonna try that tonight so :)

Advertisement