Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car park space requirements

Options
  • 29-07-2009 1:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks,

Im living in a small apartment block with a set of commercial units beneath me and I was wondering if anyone knew where I could find information on the number of parking spaces that would have been required be available for the commercial units to be granted planning permission?

Also I was a friend told me that any apartments sold within the last two years that there was a requirement that the apartment be sold with a parking space, has anyone heard of that before?

Regards,

Dave

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

Go to your local authority (or their website) and you should be able to find the planning permission, and all the details.

I don't believe that there is a legal requirement for parking spaces, but it's normally detailed in the planning permission if any are required.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 megaman01

Hi there are parking requirements for every devleopment under the planning process. Depending where it is the parking requirements for a mixed use scheme or residential scheme the parking requirements are outlined in the counties Development Plan which are found on the local authorities website. Parking requiremnts in built up areas or places near good public transport allow a reduction in parking. Review the planning permission for the development and all the details are in it. hope the above helps

Advertisement