Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

F.E.A.R 2 or Rainbowsix Vegas 2?

• 29-07-2009 1:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭

planning to get either one of this two can you lads give me some advice which one is better?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

Rainbow six.

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭RAIN

Dont bother with Fear 2 it garbage juice.

Rainbow Six is top class. Online and off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Haven't played FEAR2, but I couldn't wait to get rid of RV2 once I got it. In fact it's only the second game (along with Far cry2) that I've traded as I usually horde games. Thought the first R6V was excellent, despite my initial fears having loved the PC R6 games. I honestly don't recall playing a lazier sequel than it. The interesting locations of the first swapped out for a huge amount of grey corridors. Further evidence of the lack of effort put into it was how poorly optimised it was - you could be waiting for up to a minute for the textures to load on your gun.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭djkeogh

F.E.A.R 2 was enjoyable enough. Some great fire fights in it. It's a short enough game so I got through it and never really lost interest in it. The story is pretty poor though in fairness. Haven't played Vegas 2 but loved Vegas 1.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 962 ✭✭✭chavezychavez

Vegas2 is pretty much the same as the original Vegas, but for some reason the terrorist hunts are way more fun - online and offline.

I'd deffo recommend Vegas 2 for that reason alone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Haven't played RSV2, but FEAR 2 is fun enough... it was a good rental for a week, but I wouldn't buy it. Terrible
    ending
    though....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 963 ✭✭✭thegoth

Definitely RSV2 IMO. Love 1 + 2. Head FEAR 1. Finished it. Thought it was a good game, but this might sound bad, but only 25 achievement points in total for finishing the game. Come on. FEAR 2 is no better. I really did enjoy RSV2 more, but only slightly. The achievement thing would swing it for me as both games are more or less just as enjoyable

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

R6V2 definitely. It's worth it for the replayability alone as you have all the Terrorist Hunts and the good multiplayer once you finish campaign.

And I'm not just saying this because I 1k'd both Vegas 1 and 2...

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Onearmedbandit

Vegas 2 the story is dirt but the multiplayer and the terrorist hunts are worth a go if you can get it cheap. FEAR 2 has a reasonably better story but with a multiplayer from the N64 generation

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Bioshock ftw !

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Rev. Kitchen

I had RV2 and as others have said ended up trading it quite quickly i was so dissapointed with it, i love RV1.

Just playing fear2 now picked it up in HMV yesterday for 20 euro and im enjoying it but its not a game ill hold onto once ive it finished.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,452 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Do yourself a favour and get COD4/5 instead.

Advertisement