Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Years in Lahinch

• 29-07-2009 1:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭

Hi all

Heading down to lahinch for new years weekend and just wondering if anyone has tips on where to stay and what to do on new years eve? Hoping to rent a house within a few mins walk of the village.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭funnyname

sarmer wrote: »
    Hi all

Heading down to lahinch for new years weekend and just wondering if anyone has tips on where to stay and what to do on new years eve? Hoping to rent a house within a few mins walk of the village.

Thanks

Don't it's not that much fun anymore, very likely to be on the receiving end of a random attack and the claremont and the coast are 2 terrible nightclubs.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭sarmer

A random attack? Is there much of that there? Never struck me as a dangerous place!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

sarmer wrote: »
    A random attack? Is there much of that there? Never struck me as a dangerous place!
    It is not that dangerous. Random attacks can happen anywhere.

You are certainly planning ahead. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭exiot

Its not a dangerous place, Ive been out in Lahinch countless times as my friends are the lifeguards out there and Ive never had a problem. It can be a bit messy when the nightclubs finish and everyone floods out into the main street, the hardest bit is quening up for a bit of food.

For accommodation:
    http://www.clareireland.net/selfcatering.htm
    http://www.lahinchfailte.com/accommodation.html
    http://www.lahinchgolfhotel.com/

The Coast can be a right laugh and O' Looneys have a new nightclub called H30, its on the prom.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 67 ✭✭croker95

funnyname wrote: »
    Don't it's not that much fun anymore, very likely to be on the receiving end of a random attack and the claremont and the coast are 2 terrible nightclubs.

Lahinch is not dangerous. Its very busy on New Years though so you would want to get in situ early.

The Golf & Leisure Hotel is in the centre of town and there is a very good Chinese as part of it. Also the do a buzzing late bar for residents :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭BLITZ_Molloy

Haha.. everybodys on a paranoid buzz with regards violence in Clare this week. It's Lahinch not Compton people.

Aldi is doing 2 for 1 on flak jackets starting next week so pick up some for yourself and your mates and you should be set.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭asmobhosca

funnyname wrote: »

What a load of nonsense, Lahinch is great craic during the summer and i've spent more than one new years up around there and had a brilliant time, and i've seen very little trouble over the years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 ladylilly21

It wouldn't be my choice of venue to spend new years, or any weekend night for that matter. It's grand during the day in the middle of the summer when all the tourists are around but not for a night out esp not alone the biggest night of the year!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 343 ✭✭Amy33

New Year's Eve? You're very organised!

Advertisement