Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

1 TB drive from pixmania for 88.80 delivered

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 128 ✭✭daveyid89

the externally powered bit would wreck my head... between the laptop, the mouse, and my phone charger, ive enough cables everywhere....,
    decent price for a tb though (i think)...

altohugh i think i saw one for 69€ somewhere... buts its prob like the lidl of harddrives...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭madmoe

Yeah, can't wait till the 1TB drives become USB powered.....maybe when USB 3 comes out....

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭JethroC

€88 delivered is a bit expensive to be honest. It's been said here before...Peats have 1TB Iomega External HDs for 79.95. I have a few of them. The drives inside them are Samsung with a 32MB cache. Great price really. I normally wouldn't set foot inside the doors of Peats as they're normally so expensive but this isn't a bad deal...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭jahalpin

Easons (inc Reads of Nassau St) are selling 1TB Maxtor drives for €89, which is a very good price for these drives.

They also have good deals on the 500GB ones

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭grimm2005

JethroC wrote: »
    €88 delivered is a bit expensive to be honest. It's been said here before...Peats have 1TB Iomega External HDs for 79.95. I have a few of them. The drives inside them are Samsung with a 32MB cache. Great price really. I normally wouldn't set foot inside the doors of Peats as they're normally so expensive but this isn't a bad deal...

Got one of these aswell, damn good price for brick and mortar store. I actually went to get it in peats and they were sold out but they re-directed me to sony centre in jervis centre to get one at the same price, so i think they must be affiliated in some way

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

grimm2005 wrote: »
    Got one of these aswell, damn good price for brick and mortar store. I actually went to get it in peats and they were sold out but they re-directed me to sony centre in jervis centre to get one at the same price, so i think they must be affiliated in some way

Yup, the Sony Center there is a franchise (believe all of them are) and that one is owned by the Peats family.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=1250233&postcount=3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 517 ✭✭✭omega42

Littlewoods has this seagate 1TB for €99, and with the code that lindtee provided in another post xx407 (thanks lindtee ) this works out at €79.20

http://tinyurl.com/m9rqa3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 555 ✭✭✭baztard

Pixmania have an absolutly terrible reputation. Check out the huge amount of threads in Consumer Issues forum about them. Unless your making a massive saving with them, I'd avoid them like the plague.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,166 ✭✭✭enda1

omega42 wrote: »
    Littlewoods has this seagate 1TB usb2 Powered for €99, and with the code that lindtee provided in another post xx407 (thanks lindtee ) this works out at €79.20

http://www.seagate.com/www/en-us/products/external/expansion/expansion_desktop/

I think it is AC powered, tricky the way its worded on the Seagate website.
    The power supply is internal (meaning the ac-dc transformer) but it still needs external power.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 517 ✭✭✭omega42

enda1 wrote: »
    http://www.seagate.com/www/en-us/products/external/expansion/expansion_desktop/

I think it is AC powered, tricky the way its worded on the Seagate website.
    The power supply is internal (meaning the ac-dc transformer) but it still needs external power.

yea just read about it on other site and it says power supply included :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,262 ✭✭✭Elessar

My 300GB external is full up atm...does anyone know if there are 1TB or close to 1TB drives that run on USB power aswell. The extra power cables for a hard drive are indeed a pain in the hole.

Ideally I'd love a 2.5 inch 1tb drive with one single usb cable ....do they exist?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

Elessar wrote: »
    Ideally I'd love a 2.5 inch 1tb drive with one single usb cable ....do they exist?
    Probably, but you'd be looking at paying €1,000 for one!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Lawdie

jahalpin wrote: »
    Easons (inc Reads of Nassau St) are selling 1TB Maxtor drives for €89, which is a very good price for these drives.

Trying to not sound negative! My experience with Maxtor is awful. All three external hard drives I owned (various models) have failed within two years of purchase.

The iomega offer sounds good, thanks

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

madmoe wrote: »
    Yeah, can't wait till the 1TB drives become USB powered.....maybe when USB 3 comes out....

Western digital has released a 750GB and 1TB 2.5" drives recently. They're not standard height so won't work in most laptops but we should see some external usb powered drives using them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭jahalpin

They also have good deals on the 500GB ones

They are Seagate drives and not Maxtor

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

Before anyone rushes out and buy one of these from these jokers, do your research on piximania. Lots to said for avoiding them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,850 ✭✭✭Fnz

omega42 wrote: »
    Littlewoods has this seagate 1TB for €99, and with the code that lindtee provided in another post xx407 (thanks lindtee ) this works out at €79.20

They also have a 500GB, USB-powered, Seagate hard drive for €99 (before any discount codes). [Link]

I believe the full model no. is: ST905004EXD101-RK

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,850 ✭✭✭Fnz

Lawdie wrote: »
    Trying to not sound negative! My experience with Maxtor is awful. All three external hard drives I owned (various models) have failed within two years of purchase.
    They are Seagate drives and not Maxtor

Maxtor were bought by Seagate in 2006, fwiw. [Link]

Advertisement