Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

quad core now or wait

Options
  • 29-07-2009 2:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭

i have a amd x2 6000 and its still fairly good but is it worth upgrading to a quad core for gaming

would i notice a big difference in games or should i wait till amd bring out a 8 core.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,435 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

There's about 5 games really that only support quad-cores if even that.
    Stick with what you have. Will do you for quite a while really.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭elpresdentde

iv started playing arma 2 and its so so hard on my system that im thinking something like a pheomon 2 940 might be worth the upgrade but the 965 is out next week so i might hang on for that. hardwareversand.de seems to have the best prices but charge 30 euro to ship here so its not worth it for a cpu.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭uberpixie

iv started playing arma 2 and its so so hard on my system that im thinking something like a pheomon 2 940 might be worth the upgrade but the 965 is out next week so i might hang on for that. hardwareversand.de seems to have the best prices but charge 30 euro to ship here so its not worth it for a cpu.

If you are playing Arma2 then you are def going quad.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

Bear in mind that not all older AM2 mobos have support for AM2+/AM3 Phenom2s.

If you want to go quad give us all your system specs so we can see if there's anything reuseable in your current system :)

Advertisement