Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EA claims we're british?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Seifer wrote: »
    Once you buy all three parts.
    None of which will have lan play.

What?!?! Excuse my lack of knowledge, i dont tend to follow games development much as i dont want to spoil anything. Just look at the odd screenshots, but they arent releasing terran, zerg and protoss campaigns as 3 seperate packages are they? Please tell me i miss interpreted what you said :(

Fnz wrote: »
    Activision/Blizzard is a single company now, with Bobby Kotick as its CEO. The following is from totalvideogames.com, passing along Bobby's comments from a post earnings report conference call:

[Link]

Activision/Blizzard are adversed to the risks associated with innovation according to their CEO. The sad part is, this policy has been working out well for them so far.

Bloody hell, this is all news to me :eek:

I cant believe blizz merged, why would they do such a thing? :(

Yeah yeah i know, its all about the $$$$ i guess :mad:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

nix wrote: »
    but they arent releasing terran, zerg and protoss campaigns as 3 seperate packages are they? Please tell me i miss interpreted what you said :(
    Afraid your spot on with your interpretation. Each campaign is 25-30 missions though, compared to the originals 8 per race.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

Bubs101 wrote: »
    Say what?? everybody is slapped with a nationality, nobody chooses. Why should they get a choice, the North is british and has been for 209 years.

I don't think you understand what I'm saying - first of all, they are allowed by law to select whether they are Irish or British, I didn't make that law up so no point arguing with me over it :)

Secondly, if I was on holidays in France when I buy this game, I would like to be able to select Irish as my nationality, not slapped with French because I happen to be there at the time.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

well if you cared that much about it you should buy it in Ireland, and help the Irish economy instead of the french.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭me-skywalker

So you* play a game that is a war between the Brits and the Gerries and the Yanks and the Japs and you complain taht the little flag your given is a british flag... next i would like you to tell me would you like to play as an irish man with red hair and freckles and a pitchfork in the frontline charging the trenches...

*I play too - But if its northern irish then they are part of great britain and in the war they were heavily involved in this war as a member of the british contingency.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭Seifer

So you* play a game that is a war between the Brits and the Gerries and the Yanks and the Japs and you complain taht the little flag your given is a british flag... next i would like you to tell me would you like to play as an irish man with red hair and freckles and a pitchfork in the frontline charging the trenches...

*I play too - But if its northern irish then they are part of great britain and in the war they were heavily involved in this war as a member of the british contingency.
    You're special.
    The flag identifies the player's nationality and has nothing to do with your in-game role.
    As has been pointed out many times in this thread, it is the right of someone in Northern Ireland to declare themselves as Irish.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭hobochris

The British army had/have an Irish regiment for those Irish men who joined the British army but still wanted to distinguish themselves is Irish. Surely Ea could reflect this in the interests of having a more realistic game?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,400 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Seriously, what the hell has that got to do with anything. It doesn't matter what game we are playing - it could be freaking Tetris for all the difference it makes.

*Many ROI fought for Britain too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭Seifer

hobochris wrote: »
    The British army had/have an Irish regiment for those Irish men who joined the British army but still wanted to distinguish themselves is Irish. Surely Ea could reflect this in the interests of having a more realistic game?
    What are you talking about? It's not like you can only be identified as countries that were directly involved in the war.
    All the flags are there, they just seemed locked to your location instead of letting you pick which one you want to use.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭hobochris

Seifer wrote: »
    What are you talking about? It's not like you can only be identified as countries that were directly involved in the war.
    All the flags are there, they just seemed locked to your location instead of letting you pick which one you want to use.

I was going on what the quoted post suggested, hence quoting it!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,083 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

Just a general comment: Please keep personal remarks to minimal.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,216 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

hey just been reading through this and tbh some valid points made either side, but tbh anyone upset about being branded with a union jack should consider not buying until it has changed and an irish flag available!

instead of moaning here why not complain to gaming co.?

and a lot of irish fought for britain in both wars, and not to fight for the queen but to fight against the likes of the evil hitler in ww2!

and why are people taking this to heart? take a stand and email the co in question!

anyways good luck to all,

Ray

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,083 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

instead of moaning here why not complain to gaming co.?

You'd be surprised who reads boards.ie.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,216 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

monument wrote: »
    never really thought about it like that monument;)

if thats the case XBOX WHERE IS THE PORTABLE CONSOLE WE WERE PROMISED?? lol

• Registered Users Posts: 6,913 ✭✭✭Absolam

monument wrote: »

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

well if you cared that much about it you should buy it in Ireland, and help the Irish economy instead of the french.
    In fairness aren't most of the shops that sell computer games (at decent prices anyway) from the UK? Hoe much of the cost of the game do you reckon would actually stay in Ireland. One or two lost sales to people on holiday isn't going to make that much of a difference.

Advertisement