Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Allenwood Exchange - Broadband

Options
  • 29-07-2009 2:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19

Hi,

I am living in Allenwood, Kildare. I recently got a phone line installed. Unfortunately I was told that I am unable to get broadband on my line.

I have read some posts which state that Allenwood is served by the Robertstown Exchange which I have read in some posts that it is enabled and in other posts it says that it is not enabled.

Can anyone confirm whether Allenwood is served by the Robertstown exchange and if it is or isn't enabled for broadband?

Thanks

JB

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

http://www.broadbandatoz.ie/your-area.asp?id=8

Doesn't matter if the exchange is enabled or not, if your line can't get broadband, then there's nothing that can be done.

Your line may not even have been tested yet, if it was less than 4 weeks since you got it activated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 john_buoy

jor el wrote: »
    Doesn't matter if the exchange is enabled or not, if your line can't get broadband, then there's nothing that can be done.

What is the difference between one line and another. I thought all that is done is a new system (DSL) is implemented at the exchange and this allows for higher data transfer speeds along the lines.

Advertisement