Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Antivirus Trigger

• 29-07-2009 2:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭

Oh even typing the name of this virus gives me the shudders...

Anyways, I have today off and have a PC (Dell, about 4/5 years old). It was in good nick except this "Antivirus Trigger" installed itself on the machine.

It wont let me do anything...no internet connection...cant do CTRl ALT DELETE to see system processes....
    Its a nightmare.

Cany anyone help? I have googled it but find it hard to follow instructions.

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Try downloading MBam, launch it first time and update it, then run a quick scan (do this in safe mode) should sort it

Nick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭dellas1979

Thanks for the reply yoyo but I cant get on the net to download anything! I wish! I managed to stop it appearing when it starts up through the start-up config - and I deleted the trigger.exe file from program files but it is still there and wont allow me to connect to internet.

We have the eircom wireless router so I can still connect to the internet using my laptop via wireless but not throught the PC.

Could I download something on to a memory stick or zip disk and try it this way? I dont have any CDs.

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭wolfric

So you're obviously on the computer (be it another one) right now.

Get a blank cd or a usb flash drive. Download autoruns, process explorer, avg and any other goodies.

If you want you can do a safe boot or a system restore or a boot to linux or all of the above to help fix you.
    Use the xp install cd to repair. Order a ubuntu cd for linux (or download it off the net and burn it onto a cd) and press f8 booting windows to chose safe mode

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

dellas1979 wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply yoyo but I cant get on the net to download anything! I wish! I managed to stop it appearing when it starts up through the start-up config - and I deleted the trigger.exe file from program files but it is still there and wont allow me to connect to internet.

We have the eircom wireless router so I can still connect to the internet using my laptop via wireless but not throught the PC.

Could I download something on to a memory stick or zip disk and try it this way? I dont have any CDs.

Thanks
    Try downloading the program I linked to on another machine, even try running it without updating, I think you can also manually download the update definitions package which I would reccomend doing so, this program should be able to fix the problems that malware has caused, check HERE to see the people behind this program have stated it should detect most varients of it

Nick

Advertisement