Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem with Pixmania.

Options
  • 29-07-2009 2:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Hi.

On the weekend pixmania.com did great sales on controllers for PS3.
    I placed my order and paid for this immediately. Today I checked my order status and they cancel my order without any reason. Its first time when Im buying from them , but it looks like they just puting sales to get attention from customers , and after that if U wanna buy this they just gonna cancel Your order.
    Im very not happy of this and feel cheated by them.
    I believe this what they did its under a low .
    And its very hard as well to get them on the phone , only e-mails :/

Maybe somebody get phone number for them I will appreciate this.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Walk away, and count yourself lucky. Problems with Pixmania are legendary at this stage, and you're really better off shopping elsewhere. They don't have a phone number (that they actually answer), and they rarely read emails.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 orlando.pf

Thank U pal. U are right its no point dealing anymore with this cheaters. Hoply I will get my money back.

cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 40,193 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

I take it your credit card wasn't charged?

Install a website and junk mail filter enter *pixmania*.

Buy elsewhere.

No they charged already for that.
    And now probably I'll wait ages to get back my money.

orlando.pf wrote: »
    No they charged already for that.
    And now probably I'll wait ages to get back my money.

Oh yes.

Contact your bank, get them to issue a charge back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

Doubt it very much that they just cancelled it for the sake of it. E-mail them and see what they say. If you don't want to e-mail them well then what's the point in giving out. Of course the offers that they have on are to drive people to their site, but they are in the game of making money so why would the cancel your order?

Thats my point, I believe they just doing special offers to take attention of people and then just canceling orders- smart but not fair to customers because if I paid already for something what cost 6e , and after special offert its 60e , then they cancel my order without any reason, so something its wrong.
    I e-mail them already three times, no answer yet , I was hope maybe somebody have number for customer service , because I can't reach this one from their website.

Duffff-Man wrote: »
    Doubt it very much that they just cancelled it for the sake of it.

I always like to give a company the benefit of the doubt.

With this crowd the opposite exists.

Duffff-Man wrote: »
    E-mail them and see what they say.

On the more than unlikely event they do get back to you, it's the email equivalent of talking to a deaf granny on a crackling line.

"What - I don't understand - Who is this - What?"

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Biff11

Funny you should have this problem. I have also had similar problem in last week.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055630614

The funny thing is i got an email apology from the company yesterday, they also offered me money off if i were to order again. Like a fool i said ok i'll give them another chance.

Last night i placed order and guess what happened again this morning??

Yes they cancelled my order!

I was on the phone, very polite and the CSR hung up on me.

I have just emailed the supervisor and will let you know how response goes!

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Hearvee

I had a big problem with them previously, as a result of which they gave me £20 voucher to use off my next (hah!) purchase.

I went to use it yesterday (figured it'd go to waste otherwise) and noticed there were two 'pending' orders in my account (items I'd looked at, but didn't go through to ordering. So I asked them to cancel these before I ordered again.

I ended up getting emails cancelling 11 different orders, only two of which were mine!!! They're an absolute shambles.

Certainly won't be using them again...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,639 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

I only ever used them once and never again. I bought a digital camera for a gift that was advertised on their site in the "Delivery before Christmas Section". No prize for guessing what happened. (or didnt happen!) Their customer service was utterly atrocious, dismissive and unhelpful.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18 Pixmania

Hello,

Thank you for your review.

I apologise for the inconvenience.

In our bid to reduce fraud on the internet, we have issued new measures of security. We are sorry about the inconvenience this may cause you. These measures are intended for our customer’s protection, due to the large amount of credit card fraud on the internet, and to allow us to quickly reimburse anyone who has been a victim of a fraudulent transaction.

All first time customers can be asked to provide extra information or documents and at times orders can be cancelled.

If an order has been cancelled in error or you are waiting for a refund please e-mail us on mediator_uk@pixmania.com

Best regards,

Kate
    Pixmania Mediator

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭deecom

Emmmmm......

If the above doesn't ring alarm bells then.....

I have bought off Pixmania before and 2 good experiences were met by the last really bad one.

Bought a tv, dead on arrival, what advice did i get... nothing other than not our problem ring the manufacturer. Also phone CS is dire, i companied and was offered 10 euro to be spent at a Pixmania, after spending 1500, nice!

Joke, run away and force your credit card company on the issue of a charge back, as before.

STAY AWAY!!!!!!!!
    :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

Pixmania wrote: »
    Hello,

I apologise for the inconvenience.

In our bid to reduce fraud on the internet, we have issued new measures of security. We are sorry about the inconvenience this may cause you. These measures are intended for our customer’s protection, due to the large amount of credit card fraud on the internet, and to allow us to quickly reimburse anyone who has been a victim of a fraudulent transaction.

All first time customers can be asked to provide extra information or documents and at times orders can be cancelled.

If an order has been cancelled in error or you are waiting for a refund please e-mail us on mediator_uk@pixmania.com

Best regards,

Kate
    Pixmania Mediator

you know what, really just do everyone a favour and stop replying with the usual generic 'Thank you for your review' crap!

Pixmania do nothing to help or protect the customer so quit this nonsense now!

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭William72

Wow - I'm glad I didn't read this last week - have just purchased €420 worth of stuff from Pixmania - all arrived safe and sound and not a problem (so far...:() have purchased from them before too - not a problem then either

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

you know what, really just do everyone a favour and stop replying with the usual generic 'Thank you for your review' crap!

Pixmania do nothing to help or protect the customer so quit this nonsense now!

+1

It would be nice if in order to reduce fraud on the internet companies had to prove to _us_ that they were reliable, trustowrthy, honest and responsive.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

parsi wrote: »
    +1

It would be nice if in order to reduce fraud on the internet companies had to prove to _us_ that they were reliable, trustowrthy, honest and responsive.

I agree. It would be great if there was an internationally recognised grading system in place (a bit like the rating on sellers on ebay). However in order to implement such a system you would need an independent body to run it and can we really be sure such a company would be unbiased and not open to bribes and corruption.

Hello,

We would love to provide direct detailed responses, for this we would need your order details.

If you don't want to post them on this forum, please send them to me on : mediator_uk@pixmania.com

I will be sure to respond asap with a solution.

Best regards,

Kate
    Pixmania

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

Wow can't believe they have had the gaul (pun intended) to post here again. Terrible company with a terrible record, avoid and good riddance!

MC

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭darraghn

Wow can't believe they have had the gaul (pun intended) to post here again. Terrible company with a terrible record, avoid and good riddance!

MC

Agreed - used them for a number of purchases without issue, but the first time I had a faulty product the after sales service was terrible. Will never use Pixmania again.:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭WooPeeA

I made an order for nearly €400 in the middle of September. I was waiting for a product for 2 weeks.. Nothing came.

So I called them 2 weeks after an order was made and I was told that they will check in the warehouse what's going on and they will call me back withing 2 days. I was waiting for a week for a call and nobody called me.

So week after that I called them again and asked the same question "Where is my order???". I was told the same, they will call or email me back. As the last time, complete ignorance and no contact at all from their side.

So I called them last Friday to ask for money refund. They accepted that and said that I should get an email conformation within 2 days.. And guess what? Yep, no email.

So I called them once again on Wednesday to ask where's my email conformation? I was told that by a nice lady that their staff do not call back to the clients sometimes but she promised she's gonna call me back on Friday (which was yesterday) or Monday...

Basically I made an order and they have stolen my money.

If they're gonna continue ignoring me I won't avoid to call my lawyer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

WooPeeA wrote: »
    I made an order for nearly €400 in the middle of September. I was waiting for a product for 2 weeks.. Nothing came.

So I called them 2 weeks after an order was made and I was told that they will check in the warehouse what's going on and they will call me back withing 2 days. I was waiting for a week for a call and nobody called me.

So week after that I called them again and asked the same question "Where is my order???". I was told the same, they will call or email me back. As the last time, complete ignorance and no contact at all from their side.

So I called them last Friday to ask for money refund. They accepted that and said that I should get an email conformation within 2 days.. And guess what? Yep, no email.

So I called them once again on Wednesday to ask where's my email conformation? I was told that by a nice lady that their staff do not call back to the clients sometimes but she promised she's gonna call me back on Friday (which was yesterday) or Monday...

Basically I made an order and they have stolen my money.

If they're gonna continue ignoring me I won't avoid to call my lawyer.
    forget your laywer you would be very foolish to pay a solicitor or lawyer to sort this out as monies you spent would be very hard to recoup from pixmania, write an old fashioned letter to them and post it off explaining what has happened and giving them 10 days to refund you or deliver the goods or you will take a small claims court action to get your €400 back. then try to do a charge back if you paid by credit card as the goods have not been delivered.

best of luck dealing with these cowboys

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭WooPeeA

foggy_lad wrote: »
    forget your laywer you would be very foolish to pay a solicitor or lawyer to sort this out as monies you spent would be very hard to recoup from pixmania, write an old fashioned letter to them and post it off explaining what has happened and giving them 10 days to refund you or deliver the goods or you will take a small claims court action to get your €400 back. then try to do a charge back if you paid by credit card as the goods have not been delivered.

best of luck dealing with these cowboys
    If you order something somewhere and you didn't get your product as you were told to get and that company doesn't want to give you the money you paid for that product back it's nothing else but internet money fraud.

Hello,

We apologise for the inconvenience.

Pixmania has a team dedicated to ensuring all the information including stock levels is correct on our website.

If an error is on our website regarding stock levels, we will ensure it is corrected as quickly as possible.

Of course we will refund your full order if you wish to cancel your order. This takes no more that 24 hours to be actioned.

Please send me your order number to mediator_uk@pixmania.com and I will look into this asap.

Best regards,

Kate

Pixmania

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

Pixmania wrote: »
    Hello,

We apologise for the inconvenience.

Pixmania has a team dedicated to ensuring all the information including stock levels is correct on our website.

If an error is on our website regarding stock levels, we will ensure it is corrected as quickly as possible.

Of course we will refund your full order if you wish to cancel your order. This takes no more that 24 hours to be actioned.

Please send me your order number to mediator_uk@pixmania.com and I will look into this asap.

Best regards,

Kate

Pixmania
    is posting the same nonsense on several threads not spam?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

foggy_lad lay off those kind of comments please. If you have an issue with a post, then please use the Report Post functionality.

dudara

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

Yea the responses off pixmania do see very computised

Advertisement