Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Was Crouch worth signing?

Options
  • 29-07-2009 2:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭

So, Peter Crouch signed for a reported 9m.

In my opinion, not a good signing for the following reasons-
    1. I think our current strikers (Keane, Pav, Defoe, Bent) are superior and there was no need to sign him. Even if we offload Bent, thats still 4 strikers. He is not needed.

2. With Woody, King and Dawson all injured, we need a decent centre back...this is the area of the team that needs most work and that 9m plus the money from Bents departure could have bought us a world class centre back.

3. In the same vein, we need a left winger pretty badly. I havnt heard anything about Downing in a long time!

All in all, I dont really rate crouch and would certainly play any of our other strikers ahead of him! opinions please?

Was Crouch worth signing? 19 votes

Yes
    0%
    No
    52%
    subfreqDublin SpurBOLTKingdomYidMr. Guappamarko91Woodgatethuddkeane=cockskibbyid 10 votes
    Undecided
    47%
    Ted10colly_browytippspurfroosh69everdead.iegolfball37allthedoylesJmcc001StillRickyVilla 9 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 313 ✭✭StillRickyVilla

Undecided
    froosh69 wrote: »
    So, Peter Crouch signed for a reported 9m.

In my opinion, not a good signing for the following reasons-
    1. I think our current strikers (Keane, Pav, Defoe, Bent) are superior and there was no need to sign him. Even if we offload Bent, thats still 4 strikers. He is not needed.

2. With Woody, King and Dawson all injured, we need a decent centre back...this is the area of the team that needs most work and that 9m plus the money from Bents departure could have bought us a world class centre back.

3. In the same vein, we need a left winger pretty badly. I havnt heard anything about Downing in a long time!

All in all, I dont really rate crouch and would certainly play any of our other strikers ahead of him! opinions please?
    Doesn't add anything to what we have, we have weaker areas that still need addressing & should have been a priority & most importantly in no way will he get us back to where Spurs belong

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭thudd

No
    I think he may prove to be a good signing. Its obviously very nice when we get the big names in, but we all know that it can sometimes take players a while to adapt to the premier league etc etc. With Crouch we have a proven PL player that can score goals and more importantly hold the ball up and bring others into the game. What we've been cryin out for in my opinion. This way, we will hopefully see Modric and Jenas scoring an awful lot more now. An extra 10/15 goals a season from midfield will make a huge difference.

Obviously a striker wasn't top of the priority list but Harry knows what he's doing. We'll have signed a decent centre half before the week is out, Bassong or Dunne would be great. Dawson will be fit in a few weeks, Dervite, Corluka, Huddlestone can all play in the back 2 also as i was saying in another post. It'll be fine!

Oh yeah, regarding Downing, he's gone to Villa. We pulled out of our deal with him to allow Villa have a clear run at him for some reason. Ashley Young to the Lane perhaps!??

COYS

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭keane=cock

No
    dont really like the lad but i think he can do a job

Advertisement