Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Crayfish

• 29-07-2009 2:46pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭

Is there crayfish in the Dodder or the Liffey? Has anyone ever encountered them? The indigenous or invasive species, If so where abouts? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

I don't know if there are any crayfish there, but there should definitely be only native ones there if they are, we don't have the signal crayfish in Ireland yet (hopefully!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Yep, seen them all along the shores of Pollaphouca and in the Liffey around Manor Kilbride.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭iascanmore

There are loads of them in the Liffey - North Kildare stretch.

In fact the club reckons crayfish numbers have exploded in recent years.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

There are millions of em in the grand canal around sallins..i wouldnt imagine they havnt reached the liffey.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭stevoman

lots in the barrow aswell. do the pike feed on them i wonder?

also what do the crayfish feed on?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,691 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

stevoman wrote: »

also what do the crayfish feed on?

We got one just out of the water (He let go of the line and popped back into his buddies) in the Barrow in Garryhinch there a couple of weeks ago. Seems to be loads of them in the Barrow.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭coolwings

stevoman wrote: »

Yes. They are a major food for both pike and big trout .

Advertisement