Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fancy Dress in Sligo

Options
  • 29-07-2009 2:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 357 ✭✭

not sure if this is the correct forum but anyways.I have a fancy dress at the weekend and im looking for a costume.Ive asked in Partyland(beside The Clarence) but they have a limited amount of stock.Does anyone know somewhere in Sligo that may be able to help out.I have seen a place on Cavan that has lots of costumes but i dont want to make the long journey up.Any suggestions???i have searched Google to no avail.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭fmcc

meant to be a spot in ballina that does period drame stuff but dont know of any in sligo. New shop beside Jako sports does wedding stuff and hen and stags but was never in there called hepburn afaik may be worth a try.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 357 ✭✭JohnThomas09

fmcc wrote: »
    meant to be a spot in ballina that does period drame stuff but dont know of any in sligo. New shop beside Jako sports does wedding stuff and hen and stags but was never in there called hepburn afaik may be worth a try.
    is that on O'Connell street??,i must have walked straight by the place..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭fmcc

no on Markievz road next door to Jako sports shop on the right as you drive out of town towards the bridge.

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭blackiebest

John, You would be mad not to give Amy in Dumore Embroidery a ring. They are based just outside Sligo in Ballintogher but she is a costume queen! 071 9164848

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭bobcar61

Looking at their website it seems to be more altering and Embroidery services, they don't seem to do any fancy dress costumes and it's unlikely that the OP has a costume that needs to be altered.

• Advertisement

bobcar61 wrote: »
    Looking at their website it seems to be more altering and Embroidery services, they don't seem to do any fancy dress costumes and it's unlikely that the OP has a costume that needs to be altered.
    ya Bobcar is right i dont need an existing suit taking in or anything,i need a fancy dress as in a party costume.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭bobcar61

Just been curious but what kind of costume are you looking for?

I'd say the place is Ballina is the best bet, I had a look at their website a while back and from what I remember it was rental only. Maybe it was just rental from the website but have the opportunity to buy it in the shop;)

bobcar61 wrote: »
    Just been curious but what kind of costume are you looking for?

I'd say the place is Ballina is the best bet, I had a look at their website a while back and from what I remember it was rental only. Maybe it was just rental from the website but have the opportunity to buy it in the shop;)
    maybe you could help me with that aswel,im open to costume ideas.:Pi dont want to be the one that arrives with the Batman suit only to see that theres already five other Batmans there.any ideas???:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭Mrs.T

Mrs.T wrote: »
    cheers for that.might check them out.theres no actually theme but im the kind of person that would love to be orignal.i was looking at something like this. http://www.costumecorner.ie/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=106_141&products_id=1036

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭Mrs.T

cheers for that.might check them out.theres no actually theme but im the kind of person that would love to be orignal.i was looking at something like this. http://www.costumecorner.ie/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=106_141&products_id=1036

I don't think that's original..... maybe it's because we all dress like that back home :p You did know, to do that justice you can't wear any underwear? :)

Mrs.T wrote: »
    I don't think that's original..... maybe it's because we all dress like that back home :p You did know, to do that justice you can't wear any underwear? :)
    i know it even comes with an EXCEPTIONAL MANHOOD as an added extra.any suggestions on something original??

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭blackiebest

John, If you want to look good, in costume or whatever, Amy in Dumore is your woman! The wesite is before her time and over the next few months will change seriously but she has and is what you need if you want to look and feel cool at a dress up party or any night out.

Her ladies day victim (Winner last year is hopefully attached?

Advertisement