Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

internet connection keeps cutting out

• 29-07-2009 4:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭

my home network comprises of :
    ntl 10mb broadband - into:
    netgear ata (voip) router - into:
    d-link dir655 draft n router.

coneccted to this via ethernet cables are:
    main pc running windows xp
    iobox network media player
    d-link dsm330 network media player

connected wireless are:
    3 laptops (2 vista, 1 xp) and 1 pinnacle showcenter media player

Lately my internet has been failing, and if I right-click on the connection icon and click "repair" i get a warning saying that my i.p. address could not be renewed.once I re-start the main pc everything is fine for a few hours - then it happens again. The wireless function of the network works fine, and I still get internet on the laptops so its obviously a problem with the main pc. Anybody any ideas what it could be?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭NullZer0

Don't know anything about this particular program but I would imagine that the issue is with TCP/UDP ports that are blocked on the router. Google the ports required and open them up.

If this is the case your asking for trouble! Its very insecure unless some type of encryption is use (which I doubt).

Use a VPN, its easier safer and people wont say "I told you so" when something bad happens.

Advertisement