Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dublin school to take Hdip student? (HELP)

• 29-07-2009 4:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

Hi all,

I know this is soooo late in the year but at this stage I'm really desperate! Does anyone know any Dublin schools that might take me for my Hdip training? I'm going to be doing it in UCD and English would be my main subject.

Any help would be appreciated greatly!

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,283 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Start calling into schools tomorrow.

I know for sure there are many staff in our school this week and there will certainly be people in schools on the day of the LC results.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 109 ✭✭CMBT

Get in contact with UCD aswell. I've read elsewhere that they will help place you when its this late.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Lins

UCD have been no help, I have been to see them, they just give the standard list of schools that generally accept students. Been searching flat out for about 3 weeks now, between emailing, phoning and posting applications I've contacted a good 40 schools :(Planning to go into a few over leaving results week but don't even know where to go at this stage as most seem to have taken their quota of students!

Really don't know what to do at this stage, looks like I'll be taking another year out!

Thanks for your help anyway!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,283 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Pick somewhere seen as a 'tough' school, or in a 'tough' area.
    Dippers usually avoid them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭tangerinepuppet

I'm in the same boat. :( I wonder how many of us there are?!

• Advertisement
Advertisement