Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

00 Polo 1 L - Jammed Back Doors!

• 29-07-2009 4:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi Everyone,

I have a 00 1L Polo (5door). Somehow BOTH back doors will not open through central locking (key in front door!) AND I cannot even pull the buttons up from the inside.

Any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Are the child locks engaged?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 RoisinBelle

See I thought that but they used to open fine and I never changed the settings for child locks! I presume they are inside the door frame like most cars? I don't think I will be able to access them as I can't open the door at all!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,699 ✭✭✭ronaneire

Does your car have dead locks? Sounds like it as you can't open the locks by hand. Maybe a job for an auto electrican

I have no idea what dead locks are. I'm thinking that an auto electrician is the best bet! I've no money tho! Any suggestions for South Dublin?!?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,699 ✭✭✭ronaneire

Deadlocking is a security device which enables the car to be locked in a way that the door can't be opened from inside or outside the car without disengaging the deadlock first.

If a car thief therefore wants into you car they have to climb in through a window and out the same way as the doors will not open without the correct opening procedure with the proper key or remote.
    Deadlocking can only operate if the cars central locking system is functioning correctly. It is semi automatic and very reliable.
    The deadlocking is activated either by key on a normal key locking system or by pressing the remote locking either twice or the deadlocking button on the remote.

Disengaging the deadlock is simple just open your door in the normal way and it will disengage the deadlock automatically.

Hope that explains. Maybe someone who has worked on Polo's can come up with a better answer to why they won't open.

• Advertisement

Have you tried giving the buttons a good pull? They can sometimes be quite stiff when central locking's on the blink.

Thanks for all the info about dead locking!

I have got many people to try the buttons!! No one can manage to pull them up.

Its quite entertaining when I am bringing more than one person anywhere in my car and they have to climb through the front!

Sounds like deadlocks are engaged, so. Maybe give Hamiltons a call, they're a good (& reasonable) auto electrician just off Camden St. Ph 01-4755157

Advertisement