Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Identifying a symbol

Options
  • 29-07-2009 4:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭

Not sure this is the right place but if not maybe some-one will sign post me. The picture below was taken by my girlfirend at a remote church in Northern Spain and she was wondering if it signified anything in particular (i.e. some universal aspects) or whether it might be more specific to a family, person, region, etc. Has anybody seen this and know anything about it or know where I might find some resources for identifying it online?

t4xla9.jpg

Huge thanks in advance...

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,202 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

It looks like a lyre. Perhaps the person was a musician?

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭cozski

Ah, indeed... I think you're right... it seems pretty obvius now :o thanks for that :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 MrPatMustard

Doesn't look masonic...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 207 ✭✭johnl

Doesn't look masonic...

Maybe masonic,
    But what with that lyre motif,
    I'd sooner say bard.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

A lyre indicates harmony, in heraldry it indicates contemplation.

• Advertisement
Advertisement