Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Norwegian elkhound

Options
  • 29-07-2009 4:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭

Hi.Thinkin of getting a dog and we have settled on this one cos they'r gorgeous!! Just wonderin if anyone has one and what they'r like.Been doing our own research but would like to hear from real live people :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭adser53

Hi Patsy,

I'm not sure if you'll have much luck on this forum. You should try here

http://www.irishdogs.ie/Forum/default.asp

or here

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=240

They're fantastic looking dogs!

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭PatsyR

Thanks adser!

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭joe_dunne

Hi all,

I happen to have a Norwegian Elkhound, we got on off another couple in Portlaoise who need to have him re-housed due to their being too busy.

They are a lovely dog (or at least ours is) very friendly, great walkers etc.

He has a good deep bark too. We also have a few cats and although it took them a while to get used to him, he never attempted to harm any off then, in fact its the other way around. He's great with kid too

I will say they do need allot of brushing and walking, and they are prone to putting on weight it not exercised enough.

IF you wanna ask anything more you know where I am

All the best

Joe Dunne
    Bujinkan Portlaoise

joe that wasnt you walking your lad around esker hills a few months back was it? I met a couple walking one and had to go over and say hello cos they're lovely dogs and he looked like a mini version of my akita - Loki. (strangely enough, a norwegian name after the norse god of mischief :-p)

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭joe_dunne

No that wasn't me,

I tend to walk from Superquinn down to the Town and around the back in a circuit, trying to dodge the silly bints who have no control over their own dogs.

Joe
    Japanese Martial Arts in Portlaoise

• Advertisement

ah yes there's plenty of them around!!!

A few months ago I was walking Loki up by the hospital, this little off leash terrier came up behind him and bit his leg. Loki obviously let out a fierce growl/bark (wouldnt you) and youd want to see the face on the stupid cow that had her dog loose! She looked at me like I was walking a monster when her little git was the one who bit unprovoked!

Advertisement