Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cant get BTEA on a Technicality..help

Options
  • 29-07-2009 4:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 42

just found out that I cant get the BTEA because I wasnt made statutory Redundant..I though I was so contact my ex employers for my RP50 form.
    Turns out When Iwas made Redundant I fell 2 weeks short of the required 2 year period.
    had my BTEA forms sent in to the Employment Services Section and they are telling me now that my application wont be proccessed because of this criteria.

What the hell can i do to resolve this??? got my place in College starting in Sept.Help seriously required...

Thankx

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 tonywanda

What? Did you have to have been working in the same place for two years or something? Maybe you can appeal?

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

I would definitely try and appeal. And if you don't get anywhere with that get onto your local TD about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭amtaxi

Larianne wrote: »
    I would definitely try and appeal. And if you don't get anywhere with that get onto your local TD about it.
    I agree contact you local social welfare facilator and every TD and councillor in your area!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 Dr Hfuhruhurr

sure will be appealing.Im Inraged TBH as ive been working in the same place for "almost" 2 years as it seems, but Ive spent since last July 12 2008 on Illness benefit .recurring back disc problems means that further Ed was the only solution.

Also the BTEA review board tell me i dont qualify on this criteria either as I have to claiming illness benefit for 2 years as well. :(

Advertisement