Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Which Country

• 29-07-2009 4:50pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭

This poll is to see where everyones preferred field of collecting comes from,e.g. Britain,Germany,USA and so on,this one will only be single choice

which country's militaria do you prefer to collect the most ? 10 votes

USA
    0% 0 votes
    Germany
    0% 0 votes
    Russia
    50% 5 votes
    Japan
    0% 0 votes
    Ireland
    0% 0 votes
    Britain
    0% 0 votes
    Other
    50% 5 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭citizen_p

guess im a run of the mill german collector....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭Morlar

I picked German, if I could afford to it would be Irish. Rising, War of Independence, and Civil war militaria is more exponentially more expensive but it is an area I would like to get more into. German stuff was produced in far more greater numbers and so is easier to collect. Also the market is so big that many items change hands constantly so there is always something affordable currently available compared to Irish militaria.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭arnhem44

I started off with German militaria to but over time I just seemed to go in other directions,maybe it was when I started collecting first it was all medals I was collecting and the amount of replicas and fakes on the market put me off or else it was the price:rolleyes:,not really sure.Would I collect German militara again?,yes but only in moderation and only certain items.Theres such much to be had out there these days we're spoilt for choice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 588 ✭✭✭R.Dub.Fusilier

i started collecting with a Connaught Rangers cap badge and bought a few of the other Irish regiments. i have moved on to WW1 medals from Irish regiments and also Irishmen in other British regiments. i enjoy the research end of it , trying to find out what their lives were like before and after they joined up to fight . i also fell its a way to remember those who fell in the 'Great' war.

Advertisement