Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Some only are getting H1/N1 vaccins...

• 29-07-2009 4:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭

Heard today some companies in Ireland are ordering N1/H1 vaccins for ...their top managers and a few operational staffs only. Business continuity plan you know...

Well yeah ok guys, thanks. Much appreciated :mad:

All the affected countries are already preparing cimetaries/crematoriums and even old catacombs to put the bodies in, based on WHO recommendations.

So the threat is more than real, this is wide-spreading and the governements are expecting large casualties.

So where do we get those vaccins, which as I understand it, are not ready anyway, and are not really vaccins as such, since they are only reducing the symptoms and effects the virus is causing...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭Smart Bug

links or gtfo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,070 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Just use an alcoholic gel to clean your hands and wipe down surfaces with disinfectant.

I wouldn't put too much faith in the vaccine even if it was available to everyone, vaccines can cause more problems than they prevent.

As for it only being available to some people, well I'd say it'll firstly be available to those most at risk.. ie. pregnant women and people underlying health problems

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

mick.fr wrote: »
    Heard today some companies in Ireland are ordering N1/H1 vaccins for ...their top managers and a few operational staffs only. Business continuity plan you know...

Well yeah ok guys, thanks. Much appreciated :mad:

All the affected countries are already preparing cimetaries/crematoriums and even old catacombs to put the bodies in, based on WHO recommendations.

So the threat is more than real, this is wide-spreading and the governements are expecting large casualties.

So where do we get those vaccins, which as I understand it, are not ready anyway, and are not really vaccins as such, since they are only reducing the symptoms and effects the virus is causing...

What a load of $hite. Just because you read something on the Internet or in a tabloid, it doesn't make it true.

About 75 people have died of swine flu in the UK so far, meanwhile 3 or 4 thousand people are killed annually by regular flu. Where's the outcry and scaremongering over that?

Nowhere, because regular flu is boring and so it won't sell papers or get webpage hits.

Read this book: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Risk-Science-Politics-Dan-Gardner/dp/0753515539/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1248883800&sr=8-1 then come back to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭mick.fr

What a load of $hite. Just because you read something on the Internet or in a tabloid, it doesn't make it true.

About 75 people have died of swine flu in the UK so far, meanwhile 3 or 4 thousand people are killed annually by regular flu. Where's the outcry and scaremongering over that?

Nowhere, because regular flu is boring and so it won't sell papers or get webpage hits.

Read this book: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Risk-Science-Politics-Dan-Gardner/dp/0753515539/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1248883800&sr=8-1 then come back to me.

My knowledge of the situation comes from inter-gov communications and orders placed by several large Irish public and semi public bodies.

So I would appreciate if you could take a big breath before insulting me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

mick.fr wrote: »
    My knowledge of the situation comes from inter-gov communications and orders placed by several large Irish public and semi public bodies.

So I would appreciate if you could take a big breath before insulting me.

In the OP you say you 'heard'. So have you seen anything?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,711 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

If the boss at most palces I worked was the only one getting the vaccination, but business would be ****ED!

(anyway - who are they going to do business with...?)

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 987 ✭✭✭keen

It's a flu, relax.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,711 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

As long as I get my miniature American flag...

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Ikky Poo2 wrote: »

As long as I get an abortion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,070 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

So should we just assume that it's all sensationalist bullshit then?

The reason that it hasn't killed many more than it has is because of the time of year it is, most people's immune systems are presently able to fight the virus with no problem.

If it was just ignored now the problem would be a hundred times worse come November or December when more people are run down

And the reason there's so much hype is because it's a new virus and doctors cannot predict what will happen as they can with seasonal flu, it's just precautionary

It's one thing to take the media hype with a grain of salt but it's not a good idea to put it all down to scare tactics, imo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,848 ✭✭✭bleg

Over 6 million doses have been ordered.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    As long as I get an abortion.
    Ikky Poo2 wrote: »

Bastards! In there before me :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Lexus1976

The year is not over yet :eek:

Advertisement