Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

any opinions ona good cafe around O' Connell Street?

Options
  • 29-07-2009 5:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭

I know Dubliners are spoilt for choice when it comes to restaurants, pubs and others pubs, but do people here think we're woefully behind other European cities when it comes to the selection of good cafes?

What would people recommend for a week-day coffee and quiet chat at around 5pm near O' Connell Street? I suppose I'm looking for an atmosphere conducive to chatting, with relaxed service and not too crowded all at the busiest time of day (5pm). Am I too demanding!?!

Any ideas will be welcome.
    Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,265 CMod ✭✭✭✭MiCr0

the joy of coffee in temple bar is a good spot

Details here - http://www.ratemyarea.com/places/the-joy-of-coffee-16938

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

If it can be a hot beverage and a chat and not a coffee and a chat the Tea Garden on Ormond Quay is lovely, gorgeous space to sit in and relax and drink lovely tea. Love their masala tea.

We do get absolutely jipped when it comes to cafes, especially ones that are open after 6

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,180 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Cobalt Cafe, North Great George's Street

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

I find cafes/bars in hotels are usually good for a quiet cuppa. Toddys in the Gresham or the Atrium in the Westin (which is lovely).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭irishbran77

Thanks for all the replies. I agree that the Gresham can be a gem of a spot for a quiet drink sometimes and the prices aren't all that different from Madigans right beside it. I checked out Cafe Nostra on the link you gave me Micro and it turned out to be quite nice and friendly.

Cheers all!

• Advertisement
Advertisement