Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good Early Bird menu in Dublin 2

Options
  • 29-07-2009 5:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Can anyone suggest a good Early Bird restaurant for a group of girls on Friday evening? We're looking for good value, good craic and enough food on the plate to keep us going for the night

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

any idea on price? or size of group?

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭666bxg

I'd strongly recommend FXB in Pembroke street.

€20 for a 2 course dinner and you could chose their legendary steaks!! Well worth a visit.

Took some friends there last weekend and we were all impressed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Aprilbluebel

MiCr0 wrote: »
    any idea on price? or size of group?

I suppose since some of the girls are not working, up to €20 per head would be enough to spend. There will be about 6-7 of us.

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭antoniosicily

666bxg wrote: »
    I'd strongly recommend FXB in Pembroke street.

€20 for a 2 course dinner and you could chose their legendary steaks!! Well worth a visit.

Took some friends there last weekend and we were all impressed.

great price!!! I didn't know there was this offer, thanks for your advice

Thanks for the info, think we'll have to try FXB's out alright!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭666bxg

Let us know how you get on!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 286 ✭✭NervousNude

I'm guessing you've already been but for future reference Chatham Brasserie (just off Grafton St) do a 3 course meal + bottle of wine for two people for €50. Food is tasty and the place is usually quite busy.

Another good cheap option is Keshk Cafe on Leeson St, no early bird but a BYO policy. Food is great value (and delicious) anyway and no corkage which makes it very pocket friendly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

FXB's all the way. Great value and nice food!

I haven't been to Chatham for ages but really enjoyed the last time I was there, must deffinitely try that one again, especially at that price! Can't say I've heard of Keshk, but sounds good too.

As it turns out, I was outvoted last Friday night, and we ended up in Dendellion on the Green. My friends enjoyed their dish choices but I wasn't overly impressed to be honest. I had the prawn and steak noodles for main course and it just tasted like a bottle of Soy sauce over the rest of the ingredients, no flavour to it at all apart from that....needless to say, I didn't eat much of it!

Advertisement