Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spurs v Westham

Options
  • 29-07-2009 5:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭

I don't know if many where able to catch the match so i thought i'd give a run down.

The back four were'nt challanged really in the match although but fullbacks where good going forward Hutton was quite bad at tracking back.

New signing Naughton was starting on the right and really impressed me never looked out of his depth in midfield and crossed well. O'hara and Palacios Controlled the game with Modric getting into some really good positions but finishing really let us down hopefully just preseason rust.

Pav and Defo started upfront and again if they where more clinical we would of been well clear by the second half. Have to say when Keane came on the difference was incredible he had a few nice touches that let Defo through and opened some holes in the defence. Linked well with midfield just missed a goal when lennon had him through with a cross.

Livermore and Lennon came on late but both had a good run out and kept possetion well.

Despite our dominance this was a very poor showing from westham
    If the centre backs had of been challanged i'd doubt there ability cope.

http://www.101greatgoals.com/videodisplay/3068314/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,732 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Watched it there, West Ham were brutal!! We could easily have hit them for 5 or 6 if our finishing/final ball was better, hopefully just a bit of rustiness! Thought O'Hara was very good in the centre, especially in the 1st half.. full of energy and will go from box to box all day long. Huddlestone and Corluka had nothing to do all day, and Modric and Naughton looked lively on the wings. Huge improvement from the performances at the weekend!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

It was a bit better from spurs than the Wembley games,only for some bad shooting we could heve won by a lot more.as everdead said Keane made a huge difference when he came on,Jamie 0 Hara got man of the match and well deserved...Hull City beat Beijing 5-4 on pens in the other semi,is the final on tomorrow ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Did ye notice Spurs had no sponsor on there shirts ? is internet gambling banned in China ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭keane=cock

was it just me or did defoe nearly miss that?

Advertisement