Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Maynooth Tesco - overcharging Alert!!

Options
  • 29-07-2009 6:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

FYI - anybody shopping in Maynooth today better check their receipts. My wife was shopping their today doing the weekly shop and purchased 1 pack of ham for about €2.50 and was charged €35.00 on the receipt. They had major problem across alot of their products and were refunding customers most of the afternoon. :o

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

How the hell did she not notice that much more on the bill. Seriously.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Stillnotworking

Not just Maynooth, the same happened with Tesco Ham on Sunday in Drogheda. Thought it was a bit expensive alright

• Registered Users Posts: 4,063 ✭✭✭afatbollix

they have a policy where if its priced wrong at the till you get it for free..

A few people a few years ago were getting TVs/ xbox games for free..

use it to your advantage...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

A couple of weeks ago I went in to get some baby stuff before the Change for Good thing happened (Tesco Finglas).

Was at the baby aisle and noticed that a packet of organic baby biscuits were priced at €34.00, so brought it to the attention of the girl at the customer services desk who just wrote the correct price on the box and told me to tell the girl at the till that she changed it. Three days later I was back in the shop and decided to check it out and they hadn't changed it. What if I had of just picked up the biscuits without looking at price tag and paid for them mistakenly (when you're buying a lot of products sometimes you don't notice prices untill after you buy them), would I have had any comeback as they were priced on the shelf at €34.00 and that was what I would have paid for them as they were scanning at €34.00...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,786 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

would I have had any comeback as they were priced on the shelf at €34.00 and that was what I would have paid for them as they were scanning at €34.00...
    No legal comeback, as they invited you to pay that price and you accepted. Morally and for good customer relations, they would almost definitely refund at least the difference (if you ask).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Yes it happened with a few products no idea why, shouldn't have made it onto the floor though.

If they printed the price and it said €34.00 for baby biscuits they should have taken it off the floor, but yes you will surely get any over charged item for free.

We had cans of Sure deodrant for €24.00 each.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

That's mad, I saw carrots in Tesco Dolphins Barn for €24 a few weeks back, didn't realise it was so widespread!

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭Xcom2

Not all bad news.

I bought 2 boxes of Miller last week priced on the shelf €17.99.When I got to the checkout I was charged €23.99 per box.So I went to the customer services desk and told them,got €47.98 back and got the two boxes free!

Best tasting beer I ever had! :P

X

• Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭banchang

jenno86 wrote: »
    How the hell did she not notice that much more on the bill. Seriously.

Yeah seriously.

I'd do something about that wife of yours. Seriously.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,017 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

banchang wrote: »
    Yeah seriously.

I'd do something about that wife of yours. Seriously.

I'm sure the OP's other half noticed it at the till when the cash was called for... No ? :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
Advertisement