Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First time moving out/Broadband confusion

Options
  • 29-07-2009 7:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭

Yo, I'm moving to Maynooth in September for college and want to sort out broadband in the house when I get there.

I was looking at a few different ISP's and their packages here, and I put in the option for Maynooth to have a look.

Anyway, I'm a bit un-sure about what to go for. What speed should I expect/need and how much should I pay for it? Anybody have good or bad experiences with a certain ISP? I'm a student so it matters that the deal is good value.

Cheers.

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

itchyblood wrote: »
    Yo, I'm moving to Maynooth in September for college and want to sort out broadband in the house when I get there.

I was looking at a few different ISP's and their packages here, and I put in the option for Maynooth to have a look.

Anyway, I'm a bit un-sure about what to go for. What speed should I expect/need and how much should I pay for it? Anybody have good or bad experiences with a certain ISP? I'm a student so it matters that the deal is good value.

Cheers.

I hate to sound unhelpful but your post could not have been more vague:rolleyes:

It is bad enough that you expect people to do basic research for you but you also expect us to read your mind!

What is your budget?

What will you be using the bb for? will there be several of you sharing the accomodation downloading madly?

Is there a telephone line in the house/apt?

Do you want to get tied into a 12 month contract etc etc?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭itchyblood

Sorry, sorry.

Yeah, it will be used by 5-6 people mainly. Budget is around €30 a month maximum. I basically want a decent connection for surfing, downloading, and probably to hook up the Xbox Live with. I have a 2megabit line at home and its alright. I live in the country, but should I expect a better line living in Maynooth?

I have researched alright, but I'm just not that educated with line-speeds and am unfamiliar with getting in a line first-hand.

:)

Advertisement